Mechanical Desktop 2007

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

swieg

Mechanical Desktop 2007

Post by swieg »

Hey guys, first post. I use a SpaceNavigator with Inventor 11 at work, and it works beautifully. I still must use MDT 2007 for some older drawings I haven't been able to update yet. My problem is that I have never gotten my SpaceNav to work with MDT. What must I do to get this going? It works just fine with MasterCAM X2, Acrobat Reader, Photoshop, Google Earth... I have 3.4.2 installed, XP Pro SP2, IV 11 SP3, MDT 2007 SP2 Thank you much for any help you give me!
agoenczi
User
User

Mechanical Desktop 2007

Post by agoenczi »

Hi swieg

Do you get a 3Dconnexion splash screen while starting MDT?

Did you a custom or a complete installation (3DxSoftware, of course)?

I would try to activate the Update Wizard just to see if that helps. Please let me know what happens.
agoenczi
swieg

Post by swieg »

Thank you for responding agoenczi. I don't get a splash screen upon starting MDT 2007. I ran the Update Wizard which told me I was using the current version. I uninstalled then reinstalled 3.4.2 choosing the Complete install and still nothing. I opened AutoCAD 2007 to see if that would jog it... nothing. Than I tried 2008, there was no splash screen but there is a toolbar and I can zoom and rotate just fine. Why does 2007 NOT work? Thanks
Fred

Post by Fred »

Can you click on Assist Load application
locate 3dxautocad.arx
this will be in the 3dxautocad 2007 folder
swieg

Post by swieg »

Hi Fred. I'm not sure what the Assist Load app is. I found the .arx file in both the 3dx folder and AutoCAD 2007 folder along with the 3dxautocad.cui file
Fred

Post by Fred »

Do you have Tools->Customize->Interface
You can load the acad3dx.cui file from there
swieg

Post by swieg »

That will load the 3dx toolbar (and messed up all my others) but my SpaceNav doesn't respond. What am I missing? Thank you
Fred

Post by Fred »

Close out of Autocad
Go to add remove programs.
click 3dconnexion choose change
You can perform a repair
Then check to see if this allowed the autocad plugin to be recognized and started.
or you can try the below as well

Bring up the 3dcontrol panel
Does it show Autocad
if not try selecting the dropdown arrow and choose Autocad
Under app configuration make sure pan/zoom, tilt spin roll is enabled.
Also check Advanced setting to verify all the functions are checked.
swieg

Post by swieg »

I've verified all the settings you suggested, nothing seems to make it work. I have MDT 2007 and 2008 side-by-side, 2007 does nothing and 2008 will zoom and pan but most parts don't rotate, only one part I opened would rotate. All boxes are checked, rotation works in Inventor. When I hit the buttons on the 3dx toolbar in 2007 the command line says that they are "unknown commands". Wow this sucks.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Same for me we are still in MDT 2006 because the software work terible in 2007 and 2008. Is there a way to add a function that turn on and off so one can rotate in 2d wireframe.
bturner

Autocad problem

Post by bturner »

Has this problem been addressed yet. I just bought a SpaceNavigator and it does not work in AutoCAD MDT 2007. It is really jumpy and I keep getting this message:

Heidi OpenGL: set_dc_pixel_format:SetPixelFormat Failed

Error loading Heidi module - c:\program files\autodesk\mdt2007\drv\wopengl9.hdi

The configured Heidi driver cannot be loaded. Switching to default software driver.

I checked and the driver is in the proper directory.

Theis device works great in Inventor but no in AutoCAD 2007

Brian.....