Pissed off at 3dconnexion

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

petert

Pissed off at 3dconnexion

Post by petert »

This happened to me twice now. I bought a Navigator and before that an SpacePilot and after working with it for a while and trying to keep up with updated drivers the same thing happened to me.

THIS DEVICE IS OBSOLETE!

What a stupid stupid thing for a company to do. It was already obvious that 3dc does not care about her PAYING users. The horror stories of ********** drivers are well known.

So I am here to share with you that our design company will not be using your products anymore, we will also make sure that everybody in our field will know about the way paying customers are treated.

Goodbye, we are sure we will be a lot happier with our new supplier.

---
Edit (moderator): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
Tehrasha

Re: Pissed off at 3dconnexion

Post by Tehrasha »

While the Space Pilot has been unsupported since March of 2013, AFAIK, the Navigator is still fully supported.

Perhaps a little detail on your issue?
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
ngomes

Re: Pissed off at 3dconnexion

Post by ngomes »

Hi petert,

We believe there may be a misunderstanding that, regrettably, has caused upset. The SpaceNavigator (SN) has full support status at 3Dconnexion. We have not "obsoleted" the SN.

We have a bug (ref. 6973) in our software that shows a "discontinued device" label if no device is detected by the driver. The bug is only in the user-interface code and, if this is indeed the cause of the misunderstanding, we apologise for the inconvenience and upset it has clearly caused you.
Nuno Gomes