Adobe Reader & Space Explorer??

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cwilliamrose

Adobe Reader & Space Explorer??

Post by cwilliamrose »

I'm running Win7(64 bit) and would like to use the SpaceExplorer in Adobe Reader. There is no indication at this point that the two are aware of each other. What do I need to do to get Adobe to recognize the SpaceExplorer? I see reference to a plugin but no details about what/where/how. I can only use the SE in Solidworks right now. Thanks......Bill
cwilliamrose

Re: Adobe Reader & Space Explorer??

Post by cwilliamrose »

OK, I did some looking around and created a solution.

I found in the 3dconnexion folders an .API file for Adobe. I found in the Adobe folders a place where the plugins live. I copied the .API file to that folder and re-started Adobe Reader. It now works. I wonder why there's no documentation for doing this? It would seem likely some folks would need this info. I couldn't find it anywhere but I managed to stumble onto the solution.........
pball

Post by pball »

Thanks for posting your fix. I've been annoyed that the new adobe acrobat reader dc that I ended up with didn't seem work with my 3D mouse, but copying that .api file worked.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi both,

usually the installation should copy the file to the appropriate folder. Did you install Adobe Acrobat Reader after you installed 3DxWare 10?

What is the exact version of your Acrobat Reader DC (Help -> About)?