Issues with / after updating to latest version

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

harnstein

Issues with / after updating to latest version

Post by harnstein »

Hi,

I was going to update my 3dxWare from 10.2.0 to the latest. Core version is 17.2.0.11011.
I received an error while using this file: 3DxWare64_v10-2-9_r2043.
"The feature your are trying.. network resource that is unavailable."

The file is available in the temp folder during installation, but is "not accepted" but the installation program..

After cancelling it says, the older version cannot be removed, contact your tech support group. (?)

Action rolls back.

My 3DSMax was working fine until the update approach, I just updated because Mudbox wasnt after using it again after a while - thinking it might have sth to do with the connexion drivers.
Now my Navigator is not working correctly in 3DS anymore, the speed is way too high, barely usable, does not set back to a reasonable value when zooming extents of an object and changing speed values in the Navigator's porperties does not make any change.
Not even with administrative rights.

This is really a little bit frustrating, I think I have to completely uninstall everything and set it up again - but do I loose my profiles then?
Actually for Photoshop it wouldnt even be a big loss as I already spent hours on setting up the old Navigators properties for PS again which worked fine in an old version - without success.
Honestely, I love the 3D mouse and I wouldnt like being without it, but those troubles drive me crazy. :/

I tried to remove the 3DxWinCore -> error code 2755, unexpected error. Restart the installer to try again.

If I try to remove it from the programs list in windows it asks for a "disk" named layout.bin in the temp folder....sucXs.

Sorry, but this is so annoying as it keeps me from work for hours again, I believe.

Any quick help would be really great.

Thanks in advance.
harnstein

Re: Issues with / after updating to latest version

Post by harnstein »

Well,

as it's urgent and working was just not possible anymore with unmanageble settings I tried to completely uninstall it.
Uninstall was not possible.

I used a third party unistaller, deleted all files and folders of 3Dxconnection and cleaned the registry.

Installation of newest driver is still not possible
error1.PNG
error1.PNG (7.45 KiB) Viewed 6186 times
I would liked to test out the older version if it's possible to install that one at least - but there's only an actual version available to download.

If someone could upload the 10.2.0 version, that would be great.

How can I get rid of remaining artefacts that stop the installation from completing?

Sorry for rushing, this is really frustrating me. Again. :s
pball

Post by pball »

I don't have that driver version but if your web browser stores your history and you haven't cleared it since you've gotten that driver you might find the download link that way. I have gotten previous versions by using my browser history before.

10.2.1 is the closest version I have a link for. Hope they don't mind me posting a link to their own site since it's an old version.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?eI ... _r1873.exe
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Have you tried Microsoft's Fixit tool?
harnstein

Post by harnstein »

Hey pball and UtaSH,

thanks for your reply and support!

@pball: Unfortunately I didnt have the history left from Nov 2014 so I downloaded the file from your propsed link. Said the older version couln't be removed, too.
After fiddeling around and manually deleting registry entries I copied back the files which I deleted from the folders (kept them as a backup just in case), restored windows recovery points forth and back (several ones) and was really surprised to be lucky in the end, at midnight.
Didn't expect it after lots of failure.. ;)

So I have the old version up and running again, the issue of the mouse being to quick is solved so far - still the Mudbox issue persists but I don't dare risking the update again just to see if the 3D mouse driver causes the error (at least it is still possible to work with Mudbox, so no need to rush).
This is such a great relieve. Pfew :)

Actually the whole process seems to have left a Net.Framework issue, came up with an install, but dosen't seem to have cause something in the installation.

Well, I guess I will just take a break from updating the 3D mouse drivers but will do so soon. Hopefully I don't have to open up this thread again.. ;)

Thanks for your quick help!

@UtaSH: Not yet, I'll have a look at it on Monday morning, there's one sunshine day left for this year so I have to go use it.
Thanks in advance, I'll report after.

Have a nice weekend y'all.

Niko
harnstein

Post by harnstein »

I can't focus on the fixit tool now but I'll have a look later.
The link seems to be obsolete but the fixit-tool for windows still exists and seems to address those kind of issues.

When I risk to update my drivers again, I'll definitely keep this in mind.. ;)

-closed- (for now)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi harnstein,

I have updated my link in the post above. Microsoft changes their links from time to time. :roll: