Another stab at zbrush support. Would this work?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

JamesEvans

Another stab at zbrush support. Would this work?

Post by JamesEvans »

Could you tie the inputs from the cap to rotation and translation of a camera object? They added cameras that you could keyframe and move in 3d space a few revisions ago. So instead of emulating the mouse, you translate camera.object x units on x axis where x units = mouse cap translation or rotation? You would just need to be looking through a designated camera or whatever the default camera is, assuming you can reference the default camera in code.
But it seems like that would negate the need to take over mouse inputs. Also, you wouldn't need to mess with any wacky I/O things.

Or if custom I/O is an issue, maybe bind a keystroke or joystick directinput axis to translate / rotate a camera object? I know if it was just a key input, there wouldn't be a nice smooth way to control camera speed - it would be a constant value that you multiply or add translation to, but anything would be better than nothing.

Also, I'm just an artist, so I could be wrong on that stuff.
Double also, I think you could just do this through zscript.

Triple also, I just got the spacepilot pro and it's already saving my wrists in 3d studio max. Thanks for making such a cool thing.