Google Earth Space Navigator issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

colorblindpicaso

Google Earth Space Navigator issue

Post by colorblindpicaso »

I have used SN with sketchup and google earth for many months. However over the last few weeks I have noticed a major issue with it in google earth. About half the time when I launch google earth the SN driver will not recognize it. When I go into the control panel I get options for Microsoft Excel 1, Microsoft Excel 2, or Any Application (even if I am not running Excel). The only workaround I've found is to reboot and hope it works the next time. Even when I have time to fool with it, sometimes it takes multiple reboots before it will give me an option to use the google earth setup. Fortunately this has not happened in front of a client but with this kind of regularity it is only a matter of time before it does. As I said, this seems to be a new problem and I have yet to find any predicable pattern to the problem. Any suggestions?
chuck

Post by chuck »

had the same thing with 3ds max 9 ... after reinstalling the drivers, it worked..dunno if it's gonna stop working again someday..hope not
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,

Looking at the "Add or Remove Programs" panel, which 3Dconnexion software is installed and what version?
Nuno Gomes
jwick

Post by jwick »

Next time this happens, turn the driver log file on, restart the driver and send the log file to us. It sounds like your GoogleEarth custom configuration file may be unable to be read.
colorblindpicaso

The driver version is 3.3.6.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi colorblindpicaso,
The driver version is 3.3.6.
Is 3DxSoftware the only 3Dconnexion software that is installed?
colorblindpicaso

I had the office plugin installed. I tried uninstalling it and rebooting. I have had the GE problem since that process so I guess it did not work. I have the log file writing option checked, can someone tell me where to find the file so that I can send it to you guys?
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi colorblindpicaso

You will find the log file (called 3DxWare.log) in the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Application Data\3Dconnexion\3DxWare

I will send you a PM to give the address where to send the file.
agoenczi
colorblindpicaso

Still need a PM re: an email address for the log file. I will send as soon as I know where to send. Also, the issue came up again, this time the control panel listed "any application" and "Microsoft Project" as the two options. Unless that is buried in MS office, I don't even have it installed.