Different settings for Photoshop pan/zoom & 3D manipulation?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jedikalimero

Different settings for Photoshop pan/zoom & 3D manipulation?

Post by jedikalimero »

I have managed to install manually the Photoshop plug-in in my Photoshop CC 2015 Plug-ins folder so now Photoshop recognizes the SpaceNavigator.

It works in 3D manipulation as it should but the control of pan and zoom in 2D is weird!
Moving controller side to side moves the canvas side to side so one would expect moving front and back would move the canvas up and down too (thinking on the canvas as an horizontal surface) but instead of that, it does a zoom! Moving the controller up and down is what pans up and down instead of zooming, that would be more logical to me.

So I tried to configure the controller to use up/down as zoom and front/back as pan up/down and I also reversed direction of panning but all these changes also affect 3D manipulation so it is unusable.

Is there a way to use one setting for pan/zoom in 2D and another for 3D manipulation?

Also, cap rotation was supposed to change brush size but it doesn't.
allanconner94

Re: Different settings for Photoshop pan/zoom & 3D manipulat

Post by allanconner94 »

did you tried the same procedure of CS5 for zooming ?
3d-labor.de

Post by 3d-labor.de »

Sadly there is no one who has a solution for this problem. In most other programs up and down direction is for zooming and left/right/up and down is for panning. This is logical behavior. Are there so few photoshop users who want to work this way? Why the driver doesn´t allow to set the behavior for each direction of the cap seperatly?
jwick

Post by jwick »

There is no GUI for doing what you want, but the axes are all controlled by the cfg file for the application. It is just a file. You can read it and change it. If you make changes to it, in your APPDATA directory, the driver will notice them and adopt your changes. You might want to keep two copies in a different directory and copy the one that you want into the APPDATA directory depending on what you want to do. You can even create a bat file to do this and assign that bat file to a device button.