Are there no support folks here on this forum?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

zazz

Are there no support folks here on this forum?

Post by zazz »

Hi,

I have had some issues. I posted here but no helping hand is available. I updated to the newest 3DxWare and hell breked loose. Now i cant install the old version either. It seams that some file or register keys are to blame, see pic below... Please Help
Attachments
3DWare problems.png
3DWare problems.png (3.93 KiB) Viewed 12925 times
pball

Re: Are there no support folks here on this forum?

Post by pball »

I don't believe the forums are explicitly for support. There is an easy to find support section on the main site. I've revived prompt support help using the online form.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/tech ... pport.html
zazz

Post by zazz »

Have done that a few times but no replies nor confirmations/ticket sent to my mailbox. I have checked the spam folder as well.
zazz

Post by zazz »

I got an answer.
Dear Mr. Persson,

Thank you for contacting 3Dconnexion Support. I understand that you upgraded to 10.2.8, but after about 30 minutes your device was only responding within the 3Dconnexion Trainer Application, and when you try to reinstall your system reports error 1714.

I researched this system response and I found that Microsoft has released a utility to address this problem, and it is available for download form the following location: http://downloadfixit.com/3dconnexion-error-1714.html

Please review this information, let us know if you have any questions or concerns, and we will be happy to assist you!

With best regards,

Jared Sjoberg | 3Dconnexion Technical Support | Support.US@3DCONNEXION.COM
The problem is that the links goes to a commersial cleaning software for $15, and not a "Microsoft utillity".... Very strange...
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Error 1714 looks to affect many software packages, but is always associated with replacing old files with newer ones, usually due to anti-virus software preventing an installer from messing with existing files. It is possible that attempting to update to a newer version of the driver resulted in a partial install over remains of the old, and the resulting mess is giving you all the errors.
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
zazz

Post by zazz »

Tehrasha wrote:Error 1714 looks to affect many software packages, but is always associated with replacing old files with newer ones, usually due to anti-virus software preventing an installer from messing with existing files. It is possible that attempting to update to a newer version of the driver resulted in a partial install over remains of the old, and the resulting mess is giving you all the errors.
Okay, But how to fix it then? Buying the questionable software that the support linked to? I do say questionable as if google on it you will find that many equals it with malwares.
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

I wouldnt use that 'fixit' patch, either. Definitely not as my first choice anyway.

I would try turning off whatever anti-virus you are running, and do a clean reinstall of the latest driver.
I would also make sure I was installing the driver as Administrator.
zazz

Post by zazz »

I have now solved the installation problem with help of
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mat ... _uninstall

So now i can install the program and uninstall them without any problems. But the device still don't work in Solidworks, it said "not supported application". The newest 3Dxware version still shuts off its 3dxserver right after when the installation is done. I have also repaired Soludworks but to no avail.
zazz

Post by zazz »

Now, it works in all programs except Solidworks. Opening the 3DxWare setting window in Solidworks results in this:
Attachments
3DWare problem9.png
3DWare problem9.png (23.86 KiB) Viewed 12784 times
zazz

Post by zazz »

Tehrasha wrote:I wouldnt use that 'fixit' patch, either. Definitely not as my first choice anyway.

I would try turning off whatever anti-virus you are running, and do a clean reinstall of the latest driver.
I would also make sure I was installing the driver as Administrator.
I have tried all this and nothing worked. But the Windows Fixit solved the installation issues so i at least could install the drivers and software again.
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Glad you managed to find a legit Microsoft fix for the installation issue.
I have fired off an educational message to support about that horrible advice you were given in email.

As for the SolidWorks issue, I have no idea. I cannot even test that at my end.
I can only assume it is related to the SolidWorks plugin itself, and not the driver.
There was a time when you could manually find the plugin within the install package and insert it into the proper software program folder manually, but that may have all changed in recent releases.
zazz

Post by zazz »

I have now uninstalled the whole Solidwork package and the 3DxWare, restarted, run one well known commercial uninstaller to clean off any residue files and register keys, restated, ran two different file and register cleaners , restarted, installed Solidworks again, restarted again, installed the 3DxWare and the fricking 3DxNVserver-has-stopped windows still pops up.

And no replies from the support in days either....
zazz

Post by zazz »

I have still not got any answers from them even though i have sent them many requests

Shame on 3Dconnexions support
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

I believe that the admins here on the forum are on holiday. None of them have commented to any thread or deleted any spam in nearly 2 weeks.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi zazz,

sorry for not responding earlier.

Have you checked if the add-in is active in SOLIDWORKS and is loaded? Go to Tools -> Add-Ins -> Other Add-ins and verify if you have an entry named "3Dcontrol" and if this has both boxes checked - one the left side and the right side (Active Add-Ins / Startup).

Let me know your findings.