Photoshop canvas rotation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tao

Photoshop canvas rotation

Post by tao »

Does anyone know how to rotate canvas on photoshop CC with twisting 3D handle?
Pan and zoom works fine but only rotation doesn't work. I know assigning shortcut "r" to device button makes it work, but it's not intuitive. I really want to use 3D handle for that.

Windows 10
Phtohoshop CC 2015
3DxWare 10.2.6
jedikalimero

Re: Photoshop canvas rotation

Post by jedikalimero »

I also want to know how to assign twisting to rotate. I have read somewhere that rotation shortcuts are ALT+F13 and ALT+F14 in Windows. There aren't many keyboards out there nowadays that have F13 and F14 keys but if there was a way to assign these shortcuts to the twisting axis, that would be great.
Unfortunately the 3Dconnexion driver doesn't seem to allow to customize the 6 axis of the 3D mouse but I don't know if this can be done editing the user preferences file or using some sort of scripting. Long time ago (2013) 3Dconnexion said version 10 of driver would be so much customizable but I haven't seen any substantial advance since then.
theed

Post by theed »

tao wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:14 am Does anyone know how to rotate canvas on photoshop CC with twisting 3D handle?
Pan and zoom works fine but only rotation doesn't work. I know assigning shortcut "r" to device button makes it work, but it's not intuitive. I really want to use 3D handle for that.

Windows 10
Phtohoshop CC 2015
3DxWare 10.2.6
I'm currently using version 10.4.4 with emulation, and from what I know Space Nav can't map modified keys (Ctrl+V) to the axis, only to the buttons. To make it work for me, I had to combine 3DxWare + AutoHotKey to map modified keys to the application I want. In other words, I set a single key in 3DxWare to send to an app, and then set the same single key in AutoHotKey to BECOME the modified key combo for that same app. AutoHotKey is basically intercepting commands being sent to an app and applying whatever you want that particular key to be. I can set a single key in 3DxWare to become either modified keys, macros or text. But I must point out this only works for 2D apps. I know in 3D apps that detect my Space Nav treat it as what it's suppose to be, and overrides any emulation commands to the axis, like in Blender. It works in games just fine though.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Currently the cap does a brush size adjustment in Photoshop?
You can have it send an "r" if you want instead--or use a different axis. I'm not sure how well it will work (how responsive PS will be).
I'd have to walk you through it because there is no GUI for it.