Navigator Acad 2K6 WINXP transparent zooms

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

CADWARE

Post by CADWARE »

Love the little guy (Navigator) but I'm having a problem with getting the Navigator to perform transparent zooms properly.

During an edit command (copy, trim, etc.) - zooming with the Navigator doesn't appear to be "transparent".

In other words, when you zoom with the navigator, the cursor changes from either a x-hair or a pickbox, to a windows pointer, which is not active in the drawing area.
I must "click" the drawing area to reactivate the x-hair or pickbox, which in turn prematurely edits the drawing area at the same time with the command that is running, but what I believe should happen is that it should return to the exact state it was in before invoking the zoom command.

It's hard to describe, but zooming/editing simultaneously doesn't appear to be working correctly.
It looks like the Navigator once invoked, can't get back to the drawing
area without clicking on the drawing area.

Am I missing something?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Susan

WinXP ver 2002 service pack 2
Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHZ
1 GB RAM
DUAL MONITORS (Plug & Play Monitor on NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500)
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Susan (CADWARE),

I would like to give you a fair solution but I'm afraid I can't give you such one. You'll have to upgrade at least to AutoCAD2007 as the plug-in you are using isn't any more maintained - it is in the archive and you can use it on an as-is basis.

Autodesk made major changes in the way how AutoCAD handles the plug-ins with AutoCAD2007 (and later) and the new 3DxSoftware contains the plug-ins for the new versions 2007 and 2008.
agoenczi
CADWARE

Post by CADWARE »

That's really not an option for us at this point. We haven't had 2K6 long enough to justify an upgrade. Our company has over 30 CAD stations, so it just wouldn't be cost effective at this point.

It's very unfortunate that AutoCAD 2006 is not supported, in fact it's kind of ridiculous in my opinion. Oh well - thanks anyway.

Susan