SpacePilot buttons not working on Vista64

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

Any idea on when a driver will be available, that will get the numbered buttons working with on Vista64?

Thanks,
Dave
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer,

What is (are) your application (-s)?
agoenczi
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

UGS NX5, IE...it doesn't seem to matter. Everything worked on XP(32bit), but when we switched to Vista64 bit the only buttons that work are the Esc, Shift, Alt, and Ctrl.

I downloaded the latest driver, 3.6.6, and nothing changed.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer,

As with NX5 please ask UGS about the support for 3D mice as they integrated the support for the navigation. But I will test on a Vista 64 bit system and I will let you know soon.

As with IE the support is available only for 32 bit systems through the 3DxOffice plug-in (available only in the archive). You have to know that 3Dconnexion dropped the development for this plug-in.
agoenczi
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer,

I tested NX5 (both for 32 and 64 bit) on a Vista64 system. Not all the buttons are working correctly. The standard view buttons, "Fit" work correctly, some buttons (F1 to F6, which are displayed as with mapped functions) are leading to access violation.

The plug-in wasn't tested with NX5 on Vista64 yet.

Do you use other applications as well?
agoenczi
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

No, only NX5.

Thanks for verifying this for me.

Also, in my case, the Fit and view buttons aren't working, but I also did not install the NX5 plugin the last time I installed the driver. I installed, uninstalled, and tried different variations, with plugin, without plugin, etc. I'm guessing if I install with the plugin, that the Fit and view buttons (lower right corner) should function again?

Thanks,
Dave
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi drkieffer,
Fit and Views buttons only work as expected if the add-in is installed. Why have you preferred not to install the add-in?
Nuno Gomes
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

No real reason, just in my testing of why the F1-6 buttons were not working, I decided to install the driver without the NX plugin, to see if that might be the issue. Just hoping to narrow down the root cause.

I intend to reinstall with the plugin.

-Dave
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

After reinstalling 3.3.6 and the NX plugin, I'm gettting "NX Component has stopped working" errors, and NX crashes.

I'm going back to 3.3.2
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

drkieffer wrote:After reinstalling 3.3.6 and the NX plugin, I'm gettting "NX Component has stopped working" errors, and NX crashes.

I'm going back to 3.3.2
Needless to say we cannot reproduce at the moment.
What is the exact version of NX 5.0 that is causing the issues?
Is NX5.0 a 32 or 64-bit version?
What are the UGII_* enviroment variables set to, you do not per chance have two NX versions installed? If you do check that the UGII_BASE_DIR matches the one you are running.
If NX 5. creates a dump file send that to us as well.
What do we need to do to reproduce the crash? Please give us a step-by-step walk through.

Markus
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

NX 5.0.0.25 64 bit.

Only one version of NX installed.

I haven't found a pattern to the crash, one time I wasn't even using NX, or my computer. I simply returned to my desk, and the error was on the screen. In general, I have been using the modeling, and assemblies modules of NX. I have not had the crash with the 3.3.2 driver.

I'll check on dump files when I get back to work on monday.

Thanks,

Dave
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer

If you have any 3DxWare.log file please let me know, I will send you a private message specifying an address whereto you should send that file.

If you have not such a file, please activate the menu point "Write Log File" under the main menu "Tools" of the driver GUI. The log file will be written under ********************* and it will be called 3DxWare.log.

Edit: removed reference to wrong path.
agoenczi
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

OK, I enabled the log file option, since I didn't have one. I'll reinstall with the NX plugin when I get a chance, and report back.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drkieffer,

Sorry for the inconvenience but the path for the 3DxWare.log file I wrote isn't the right one any more. The correct path with the actual release is:

%APPDATA%/3dconnexion/3dxware
agoenczi
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

OK, I reinstalled 3.3.6 and within 2 hours had a fatal crash. I have the log file, and I'm going back to 3.3.2 :)

It's time for that PM, where do you want the log file sent?

-Dave