Revit 2016

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

klundin70

Revit 2016

Post by klundin70 »

Some searches revealed nothing.

I have a Space Pilot Pro on window 8 64 bit with revit 2016

In 3D view the orbit will not function unless I swirl the mouse around the screen at the same time. When I stop swirling the mouse the object quits moving. It's like it's locked there. Using the keyboard and mouse with the software orbit is smooth as butter. Also, when I zoom in and out the model hyper blasts into oblivion every single time. I then have to zoom all to get it back and micro mess with it and typically leave it so it doesn't hyper blast again.

I have a space mouse pro on my other machine and it works way better but is on windows 7. Is that the difference? The 2 side by side I'd have to say the mouse is way nicer than the pilot in smoothness.

I have run repair on the software as well as remove and re install on several occasions.

Any insight is appreciated.

Karl
UtaSH

Re: Revit 2016

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Karl,

please address this issue with the support team of Autodesk. The support for the 3D mouse was implemented by Autodesk directly.
tehamnes

Post by tehamnes »

Hi.

Just Wanted to share my findings: I had the same problem in Revit 2016 as you Karl.
I had several dwg's linked into my project. When I removed the links completely the space mouse functions properly. I have a space mouse wireless and windows 7.
What puzzles me is that the same project can be navigated fine in Revit 2015 with all the dwg links loaded. Have posted my problems and findings at the Autodesk forum - but no replies so far as to why this affects the 2016 version of Revit.
galenanderson

Post by galenanderson »

Does anyone have a solution to the "hyper blast" issue. I don't even use my mouse because of this issue. Id love to hear if other people are having it or if anyone has found a solution or workaround.