SpaceMouse Wireless in Autodesk Inventor

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BTBeilke

SpaceMouse Wireless in Autodesk Inventor

Post by BTBeilke »

I am using a SpaceMouse Wireless mostly in Autodesk Inventor. I set up some custom radial menus and everything had been functioning perfectly. Over the last few weeks an issue has developed where it appears that I lose the button functionality on the SpaceMouse. I press a button and nothing happens. The other mouse functions - moving/rotating my model - work fine all of the time.

What I noticed the other day was that after I minimized some windows on my screen, the radial menu from the SpaceMouse was visible on my desktop and stayed there until I clicked the "X" to close it out. I've verified this behavior this morning. Everything was working fine in Inventor for about 30 minutes then all of a sudden the buttons appeared to quit working. Sure enough, when I minimized Inventor, the radial menu was sitting there on my desktop. And, if I properly visualize where the menu is based upon the cursor location when I press one of the buttons, I can even "click through" the Inventor application to the radial menu behind it. So the problem is that the radial menu is popping up behind my application window. If I stop and restart the SpaceMouse driver, everything will work fine again for a short period of time.

Honestly, I'm not sure when this problem started or what may have triggered it. I've been involved in a lot of bid contract and project management in the field over the last 6 months or so and haven't been doing a lot of heavy modeling work again until recently. During that time I've updated the driver software (I currently have the most recent update installed) and our IT group has pushed out numerous Windows 7 (64-bit) updates.

If anyone has any incite, solutions or needs any more information, please let me know.

Thanks, Blane