Can someone help if they can?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Sisko85

Can someone help if they can?

Post by Sisko85 »

I work for an IT support compnay and yesterday a client, who's using a Cadman Space mouse has reported that it has stopped working. He's using Autodesk Inventor 2008 and has upgraded to the latest version and applied all the updates.
However, he has reported now that the mouse has stopped working. He says the button's still work on it but the "pointer" just doesn't move when he wants it to.

I've gone through the usual things, made sure everything is upto date on his machine software/driver wise and i've tried reinstalling the software for the Space mouse but to no effect. He mentioned that he's tried both his Cadman Space mouse and his collegues space mouse on anotehr machine and they both work fine, but both refuse to work properly on his computer.

I've been looking into this problem for 2 days and can't think of anything else/find anything else that might be of help. Anyone got any brainy ideas?

dkosburn

Post by dkosburn »

I'm fairly certain I read somewhere on this forum a few days ago where a 3D Connexion rep said that CadMan had reached it's end of life and was no longer supported, they told the previous person they'd need to purchase one of the new models.

Hopefully they can expound for you more.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Sisko85,

User dkosburn is indeed correct: the CadMan is no longer supported in the latest releases of 3Dconnexion software, having reached its end-of-life.

The CadMan is supported up to and included 3DxSoftware v. 2.8.2 but the plug-in for AutoCAD 2008 was added in release v. 3.2 (March '07).
Nuno Gomes
Sisko85

Post by Sisko85 »

ngomes wrote:Hi Sisko85,

User dkosburn is indeed correct: the CadMan is no longer supported in the latest releases of 3Dconnexion software, having reached its end-of-life.

The CadMan is supported up to and included 3DxSoftware v. 2.8.2 but the plug-in for AutoCAD 2008 was added in release v. 3.2 (March '07).
I'm not sure what else to do. He says the buttons on it still work but teh tracking ability is flunked.....yet it works fine on another guy's pc. :S

i spoke to tech support and they said there's no tech support for the CadMan anymore. Everything on his machine is the latest version. i'm stumped. lol
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Sisko85 wrote:yet it works fine on another guy's pc.
With which application(s)?
Sisko85

Post by Sisko85 »

ngomes wrote:
Sisko85 wrote:yet it works fine on another guy's pc.
With which application(s)?
Exactly the same application. That's why its strange. But all the latest updates on the machine are installed for Windows, Autodesk Inventor 2008 & the Cadman's software drivers are the latest.

He uninstalling everything now and rebooting to try everything afresh, i doubt it will make a difference but we'll see. However....he has now told me that when he plugs the mouse in, it works for 10 minutes before dying....he never told me that before :)