KMJ Driver doesn't seem connected to SpacePilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

codenotes

KMJ Driver doesn't seem connected to SpacePilot

Post by codenotes »

Applications I have on windows tend to autodetect the KMJ driver, however, this driver does not return any input from the SpacePilot. Not entirely sure what the KMJ driver is for entirely. They do not get any input. Specifically, I am using Wolfram Mathematica 10 which is supposed to support SpaceMouse. However, it autoloads the KMJ interface and is able to get no data from that. On OSX, however, Wolfram does get data from the the SpacePilot, but there there is no KMJ driver.

For that matter, I have noticed that the DirectInput() demo applications in the SDK to not get data from the spacemouse (the GUI doesn't respond). But the native Win32 SDL demos DO and work very well. I don't know if the problems are related...maybe there is an issue with DirectInput? Or the KMJ driver?

Perhaps the real question is: what is this KMJ driver and why does it not respond or return any input from the SpacePilot? Is there something I should do, or trouble shoot on this driver to connect it to the spacepilot?

I know I can contact Wolfram, I see others have. But they have no executed a fix. I may need to solve this one myself.