SpaceNavigator flicker problem.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Goofygutt

SpaceNavigator flicker problem.

Post by Goofygutt »

Software: 3Ds Max 8 SP3 Navigation: SpaceNavigator PE with software 6.3.3

I've used the SpaceNavigator PE for some while now, but a couple of days ago I reformatted the pc, re-installed my 3d software (3Ds Max 8 SP3) and installed the newest drivers for the Navigator (6.3.3). My problem is:
When I open a model and navigate around, all looks great and goes smoothly, but when I press G to turn the Grid off, the navigation becomes flickery, and it almost looks like a bad frame rate from a game. In the top left corner of the viewport it flashes between "Perspective" and "3Dx Perspective" as I navigate, and the navigation toolbar to the bottom right with the 8 navigation tools also flickers, anyone experienced this or know whats the cause of the problem?

I have to restart the machine to make the navigator go smoothly again, but as soon as I turn of the Grid, my problem is there.
agoenczi
User
User

SpaceNavigator flicker problem

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Goofygutt

I suppose that you use 3DxSoftware v3.3.2 which has the flickering problem. Please download 3DxSoftware v3.3.6 currently available on our driver download page as this release eliminates the described issue.

By the way: the 6.3.3 is the driver version which will be the same for the 3DxSoftware v3.3.6 as well. More interesting is the release number of 3DxSoftware which appears in the information windows as "Release Version".
agoenczi
Goofygutt

Post by Goofygutt »

Thanks alot, it solved my problem.

Kinda strange tough, couse I tought I actualy did install the latest driver, but I must have messed up somewhere along the way.

Thanks