SpacePilot and PyMol

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

alfey

SpacePilot and PyMol

Post by alfey »

I'm a biologist and bought spacepilot for studying protein 3D structure, using PyMol. PyMol doesn't support spacepilot but i thought there must be a simple keybinding tools for 3rd party programs. And now i notice that no official keybinding tools are supported.

I tried RBC9's driver but it does not works in my computer. (I use WindowsXP SP2 korean edition, and i heard that some device drivers don't work properly in korean/japanese/chinese version Windows years ago) Spacepilot works greatly with GoogleEarth (that's what i want for protein structure exactly!). But when i install RBC9's driver, it doesn't work with "Code 10" in the devicemanager window and 3DxWare doesn't work either. (no response and spacepilot also quiet) Unplugging and replugging spacepliot, driver rolls back original MS version USB HID. (and spacepilot works again without rebooting)

How can I get a binding driver for simple input including mouse motion and keyboard input? I'm a biologist, not a programmer.
who wanna live forever?
alfey

...and

Post by alfey »

I tried to install RBC9's driver to another computer, Windows2000SP4 english(USA) version, but got same results ; not working with "code 10". Then, what shall i do?
who wanna live forever?
agoenczi
User
User

SpacePilot and PyMol

Post by agoenczi »

Hi alfey,

Please contact the editor of the software you need and ask to integrate support for our 3D mice. 3Dconnexion has a SDK which makes the integration of support quite easy in third-party software, it is fro free and you (or the editor of the software can find it here).
agoenczi