Space navigator in ACAD2006 paper space

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ps

Post by ps »

HI,

I am running:

Autocad2006
Win2000 pro v5.0.2 Service pack 4
3dxWare 3.3.2
Got the special driver for autocad pre 2007 versions installed.

I am having a problem with using the spacenavigator in paper space. When I move, zoom (in 2d and 3d mode) to a new location and then press cancel; the window snaps back to the starting position of where I started using the space navigator.

In model space if I perform the same method, I simply stops the navigator command and stays at the new location and I can select items there.

Is this a bug? Cause it is annoying. I need to move a lot of stuff in paper space and when you use the SN your cursor dissapears and you need to press cancel in order to get control back and place an item on the right location.

Grt Peter
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi ps,

The currently available plug-ins (3DxAutoCAD2007, 3DxAutoCAD2008 and 3DxAutoCAD2008 - 64 bit) were written for AutoCAD 2007, AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD 2008 - 64 bit. These software components (supplied in 3DxSoftware v3.3.6) will be mantained and fixed. The issue you described was fixed in the plug-in available in 3DxSoftware v3.3.6.

The version you use is already in the archive, that means that no current development is invested any more in this software version, but you can use it on an as-is basis. Please upgrade to AutoCAD 2007 this way you will get enhanced functionality and the new fixes for software supporting the 3D mices as well.
agoenczi
ps

Post by ps »

Ok, thanx for the reply. I think I will have to learn to live with it. Upgrading is not an option just to get a mouse to work.