Long Press Keys

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

atomicx

Long Press Keys

Post by atomicx »

I just upgraded from an older space pilot to a space mouse pro. I was immediately disappointed by not being able to assign long press keys to buttons 1 - 4. Is there some way to disable the on screen display so that I can assign a long press key? This functionality is so important for so many apps like maya softimage and mudbox. The OSD is nice eye candy but not really important compared to workflow ability. I don't want to have to go back to the old one but without this functionality I'm stuck.
UtaSH

Re: Long Press Keys

Post by UtaSH »

Hi atomicx,

I am sorry that you are missing functionality with your new 3D mouse. But the SpacePilot Pro is the only device that has additional buttons with the long press. To get more buttons you can create radial menus where you then have 4 commands available with one button press and a short move of your cursor. See our help file to find out how to create a radial menu.

Let me know if you have any further question.
takedownca

Re: Long Press Keys

Post by takedownca »

I'm disappointed there isn't a long press option for anything but the spacepilot pro or spacemouse enterprise, but the radial menu will suffice I guess. It seems like a petty piece of functionality to keep from users.