Space Navigator in NX

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

murphthemog

Space Navigator in NX

Post by murphthemog »

I am using a space navigator in Ideas 12, and also in NX (unigraphics). In ideas I can customise the settings, and it is quite happy to remember them, but I am having problems with NX. I can set up the two buttons to be particular functions, and set the navigator to zoom if pulled up or pushed down, and pan for north / south movements. This is fine until I go to sketch on a plane, and then it reverts to factory settings. If I then change it again, it reverts back to factory settings once I finish the sketch.

How can I get it to remember its settings in NX?
agoenczi
User
User

Space Navigator in NX

Post by agoenczi »

Hi murphtemog,

I suppose that you are using the button mapping editor available in the driver GUI (3Dconnexion Control Panel). Please use insted the one offered by the plug-in as this is context-sensitive as well. That means that you can set different button mappings for the different modes NX runs into (part, assamly, drawing). Make sure that you have the "Automatically save configuration ..." menu point activated (that's the case by default) as you set up defferent button mappings.
agoenczi
murphthemog

Post by murphthemog »

Hi,

No, I can't use the button mapping editor in NX4, because the button mapping feature is greyed out (it opens but I can't select the left or right button to change them), so I have to stick with the defaults. How do I get permission to change them?

Also, I can turn off rotation and pan etc, but cannot reassign the zoom function to pull up for zoom in, push down for zoom out from within NX4, which is what I want.

If I do this from the 3dconnexion control panel, then even if saved for this application, it does not remember it.

Yes, I have automatic save turned on.
agoenczi
User
User

Space Navigator in NX

Post by agoenczi »

Hi murphthemog,

Did you install 3DxSoftware as "Administrator"?

What release of 3DxSoftware are you using? I would like to ask you to download the last version (3DxSoftware v3.3.2).

Do you had a previous release of 3DxSoftware installed? If yes, please remove all 3DxSoftware as described here and install the new release as the settings of an older installation could influence the way 3DxSoftware recognises the different installed applications.
agoenczi
murphthemog

Post by murphthemog »

I have completely uninstalled the program, and reinstalled the latest version of the software.

It can now remember that up is zoom in all applications, and the buttons seem to stay assigned, but:

It still works in ideas fine, but in NX4, when in sketch mode, it disables any rotational function. This can be reset, such that you can rotate by checking the rotate box, but it will not remember this for the next time you go to sketch mode.

Also, in ideas and NX4, once you are rotating in sketch mode, snap to view does not work (this is what I have the right button configured to) unless the mouse is clicked anywhere on the screen first.