SpaceNavigator doesn't work with VirtualEarth

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

franky85

SpaceNavigator doesn't work with VirtualEarth

Post by franky85 »

Hi everybody,
my new Spacenavigator (latest drivers) works absolutely fine with Google Earth but just doesn't work with Microsoft Virtual Earth (or Live Local, or Live Maps ...whatever they're actually name it). In the setup-window, VirtualEarth is selectet but I can't see a move in VirtualEarth-3d-Mode when i try the SpaceNavigator. I just reinstalled the PlugIn and tried IE7 and Firefox2, i work with WinXP and have installed SP2.
Has anyone an idea what the problem may be???
Thank you,
Greets,
franky85
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi franky85,

You need to have the 3DxWare driver running before loading IE or Firefox. Make sure all is well (try a demo). Only then should you launch your browser, go to http://maps.live.com and select "3D" view in Virtual Earth.
Nuno Gomes
franky85

Post by franky85 »

So i did, but nothing happens. I can't help, must be a problem with the ve-plugin....
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

franky85 wrote:must be a problem with the ve-plugin....
You may want to try to update the 3D maps IE "add-on." Load http://maps.live.com, select "3D", go to the menu "Tools", select "Manage Add-ons", select the "SentinelVE3D Class" add-in and press the "Update ActiveX" button.
franky85

Post by franky85 »

In my IE7 there's no "Update ActiveX" button in this menu, i can only activate/deacticate and delete...
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

franky85 wrote:In my IE7 there's no "Update ActiveX" button in this menu, i can only activate/deacticate and delete...
Are you logged in as an "adminstrator"?
franky85

Post by franky85 »

yes, i am
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

One more suggestion: try re-installing Virtual Earth 3D. You can get the installation package from Microsoft's web site here.
franky85

Post by franky85 »

Now it works, than you so much!!!!
Greets,
franky85