Spacepilot to "fly through" solidworks assembly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bruno

Spacepilot to "fly through" solidworks assembly

Post by Bruno »

Hi,

Is there a way to use the spacepilot to control a cameraview in Solidworks? I usually work with large assemblies and have to look often on the inside. The only way to do this is with a camera view, but the spacepilot doesn't do much when in camera view.

I've seen on the 3Dconnexion website that you can use the spacepilot for fly-throughs in other softwares.

Solidworks version used is 2007.

Thanks,

Bruno
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently, a "camera view" not be controlled with a 3D Mouse. We have logged a new enhancement request (tracking number 4480) for implementation on our SolidWorks add-in product.
Nuno Gomes
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Obrigado Nuno!

Bruno
JesperW

Post by JesperW »

It's been a year since this enhancement request was logged.
What is the status?

It feels just soooo stone age to have to navigate with cameras using popup menus, when you have the SpaceExplorer sitting next to you...

Please note that this feature would be a major enhancement for solidworks users who design stuff that you want to see from the inside. Only camera views are able to move inside objects.

/j
bty

Post by bty »

I agree - anyone know what the plan is for the enhancement request?? I have a Navigator PE and don't plan to upgrade- but if there were a fly thru option for SolidWorks I'd want to upgrade to a model with more buttons- Explorer or Pilot

B
JesperW

Post by JesperW »

Two years later there is still no progress on this feature.
Sad.
bty

FLy Thru

Post by bty »

How 'bout it Nuno, any progress on this or has it been indefinitely tabled?
I'm still willing to upgrade to one of the more expensive models if this feature were added- as are several others in my engineering group.

bty[/quote]
valdi

Re: Spacepilot to "fly through" solidworks assembly

Post by valdi »

6 years later, and still no possibility to use space navigator with camera view in solidworks... This is really irritating. Rhino and sketchup both have that kind of functionality, why not sw?

Will this be implemented?
mebesh

Post by mebesh »

More than 11 years and still no solution? C'mon 3Dconnexion programmers, make an effort.

I hope somebody will prove me wrong and tell me there is some option I need to activate to work it out.
Madson.BR

Post by Madson.BR »

12 years and counting...