New, Saving, & Loading Configs?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BSoD

Post by BSoD »

A couple of questions that should be simple but they don't work. Right now when I load the control panel all I get is the "Any Application" configuration . If I leave it open, after 10-30 min my saved configs show up (sometimes never).

How do you start a New configuration for a software? There is no New or Open command on the File pull down.

After you update a configuration how do you save it? There is only a "Save As..." command on the file pull down and you can't overwrite configs with it. If you make a change to a config you should be able to save it without creating a new one.

How do load saved configurations? Like I said before there is no Open command on the File pull down. Having to wait for the control panel to do it is a pain in the ass, I can waste over an hour waiting & restarting it.

Release: 3.2.2
Driver: 6.2.1
Filmware: 3.17
Driver Type: SP

Thanks BSoD

(PS: They need to add a search function to this forum!)
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi BSoD

The configurations are saved by the driver and you can change between different settings very easily.

The concept is different from the usual one; you haven't such menu points as "New", "Load" but you have initially a default configuration for all applications (you installed the add-ins/plug-ins for) and changing any setting will be saved in a new profile which will be named by default according to the pattern "Application name - your username". To get the changes saved you should activate the "Automatically Save Configurations" menu point under "Options" in the driver GUI (called "3Dconnexion Configuration Panel"). The driver will automatically detect which application is the active one and will load the corresponding settings.

You can save profiles under different names as you like and activate a certain profile is very simple: you just need to select the one you want from the drop-down list in the driver GUI.
agoenczi