SpaceNavigator and Photoshop CS2

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

esta

SpaceNavigator and Photoshop CS2

Post by esta »

Just a hint for all CS2 users:

I had to add the folder with the 3DxPhotoshopCS2.8li file to the "additional Plugin-path" in Photoshop to get it to work. This setting can be found under: (German version)

Bearbeiten > Voreinstellungen > Zusatzmodule virtueller Speicher
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

Hi,

Normally this should not need to be done.
To be able to understand what may be happening could you please supply the information below:
Which path are you adding what is the gui langauage and if it isn't english does %programfiles%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins (untranslated) exist and is there something in there?

Markus
esta

Post by esta »

The GUI language of Photoshop is german.

When I installed SpaceNavigator, the CS2 Plug-In was copied into:

%programfiles%\Photoshop\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\3Dconnexion

Photoshop could not recognize the plugin, so I added the path above to the "additional Plugin-path" and it worked!
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

Hi esta,

In a german photoshop the plug-in path is actually %programfiles%\Photoshop\Zusatzmodule and the Plug-ins directory should not exist. Could this directory be left over from a previous (demo?) version?

Unfortunately the registry also claims that the plug-in path is %programfiles%\Photoshop\Plug-Ins and there is something sensible in that directory so that the 3dxphotoshopcs2 installer has very little means of determining that this is the incorrect path to install to.

In my opinion if you were to undo the 'additional Plugin-path' change, delete
%programfiles%\Photoshop\Plug-Ins (renaming will not help) and then repair the 3dconnexion software, 3dxphotoshopcs2 should install to the 'Zusatzmodule' subdirectory.

BTW Deleting %programfiles%\Photoshop\Plug-Ins is safe because photoshop wasn't using anything from that directory: it wasn't in the 'additional Plugin-path' entry and a restore is always possible.

Markus