Issues with Space Navigator and Pro-E

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rapidoconsulting

Issues with Space Navigator and Pro-E

Post by rapidoconsulting »

I have used two of your products the space pilot and now the navigator. My navigator is really having issues with Pro-E Wildfire III. I bascially shut down the driver for the navigator in order to work with Pro-E. Some of the issues are that under the task manager (Win XP) xtop.exe is using 50% of the CPU (Dual processor) resources even though no action has been taken (idle). Another thing is that the dynamic highlighting of surfaces and planes does not appear if the driver is running. I have tried the oldest driver I have and the latest one posted, but I really miss using my device. It will also crash Pro-E when doing sketches while in feature creation menus. I would most certainly like to help with a new driver for it, so please let me if I can help.
Eric Mills
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi rapidoconsulting,

It sounds like your device needs to be rezeroed. Open the GUI and press the Calibrate button in the Device Configuration tab.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
rapidoconsulting

So far so good

Post by rapidoconsulting »

The surfaces are now highlighting and the task manager is not reporting any excess processes. It is funny how calibrate could fix this, but if this continues to work, then I'm one happy user.

Eric Mills
jwick

Post by jwick »

The problem was that there was a very low level of data coming from the device. Not enough for you to notice any movement on the screen. But just enough to keep Pro/E busy in its drawing loop processing [basically nothing] and not doing the highlighting it does when it is done drawing. It's a very common problem.
BSoD

Post by BSoD »

jwick wrote:It sounds like your device needs to be rezeroed. Open the GUI and press the Calibrate button in the Device Configuration tab.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
I am having many problems with my SpaceNavigator, this is one of them but I don't have a Calibrate button anywhere on the GUI. Can you post an image of where it should be?

Thanks
BSoD
agoenczi
User
User

Calibrate button

Post by agoenczi »

Hi BSoD

Which release of the driver (3DxWare) have you on your machine?
agoenczi