Keeps switching to 3DxSmartUi

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Mayauser

Keeps switching to 3DxSmartUi

Post by Mayauser » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm

On the latest version of the driver, every time I try to change the button mapping for any program, the Buttons configuration window switches to 3DxSmartUi as soon as I click on it, so that I can't change any settings. My settings from the last version of the driver still work, and I can see them before I click in the window, but as soon as I try to change anything, it switches, and I can no longer access the settings for that app.

I really need to fix this, because I have a couple buttons I would really like to change. This is all with a SpaceMouse Enterprise on Windows 10 Pro.

UtaSH

Re: Keeps switching to 3DxSmartUi

Post by UtaSH » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:11 am

Hello Mayauser,

please check if removing all existing settings as described here solves the issue.
Once you have verified that with new settings all is working fine you can get back your old configuration files one by one and see if one of them is the culprit.

Mayauser

Post by Mayauser » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:53 am

Thanks, that fixed the problem. Unfortunately, none of my old button mappings seem to want to import now, but at least I can remap now, so just a minor annoyance. I appreciate it.

UtaSH

Post by UtaSH » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:03 am

Hello Mayauser,

I assume that your configuration files were created by a driver version some tima ago. I am sorry that you lost your button mappings. Good to hear that the issue is fixed now. :)

Mayauser

Post by Mayauser » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am

Yeah, I don't even remember how many versions ago I made those button layouts. Definitely an old driver's configuration.