Can only manipulate camera - not objects/models

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

virusb

Can only manipulate camera - not objects/models

Post by virusb »

I just got a Spacemouse Pro. I really like it but I cannot get it to switch from controlling the camera to manipulating the object. I have the same problem in Blender and Maya. Up/Down, and Zoom In/out work appropriately for the camera but I cannot "grab" and tilt, roll, or spin the model/object - these controls work on the camera only. Everything works properly in the trainer. Am I missing something really obvious? I downloaded the most recent driver but it did not help. Hopefully it's just something I missed, but nothing in the manual helps. Thanks.
Tehrasha

Re: Can only manipulate camera - not objects/models

Post by Tehrasha »

AFAIK, there is no simple way to toggle back and forth between camera and object mode.

My brain is more comfortable with object mode, so that is how I have my Blender settings.
It is just a matter of reversing the axis and motion options. I am not familiar with setup in Maya, but in Blender, you must make all the changes within Blender itself and save those settings. Blender will ignore any changes you make in the 3dConnexion profile panel.

http://spacemice.org/index.php?title=Blender
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
virusb

Re: Can only manipulate camera - not objects/models

Post by virusb »

Thank you for your reply. Nothing I do in Blender preferences enables me to affect the object. I'm going to contact Blender org and see what they have to say. Thanks again.