SpacePilot (NOT PRO) is detected as SpaceNavigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

RJCavallo

SpacePilot (NOT PRO) is detected as SpaceNavigator

Post by RJCavallo »

I am trying to use my old SpacePilot at work using OSX 10.8.5 and Maya 2015. It does work to some extent but its being detected as a SpaceNavigator 2 button. In the actual 3Dconnexion utility panel under the "device" panel it shows an image of the SpaceNavigator. If I go under the "tools" panel it says version of software (3DxWare 10.2.0) and it says "SpacePilot" next to it. Under the "Buttons" menu it only has options for programming 2 buttons. Which leads me to believe that the software is not detecting my SpacePilot properly. I know this is not fully supported but is there anything I am doing wrong? I used this at home on my PC and had full functionality and full ability to change buttons. No issues what so ever, so I am wondering what the problem on OSX is.
Thanks
Rob
RJCavallo

Re: SpacePilot (NOT PRO) is detected as SpaceNavigator

Post by RJCavallo »

I would also like to add that I cannot choose the device I am using via dropdown bar as shown in the device configuration in the help menu.

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

The driver -IS- identifying your device as 'SpacePilot', but what you are seeing is that your old SpacePilot is not supported by the 10.2 driver.

In fact, if you go to the driver download page, and search for MacOSX drivers for the old SpacePilot, there are NONE. :(
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
RJCavallo

Post by RJCavallo »

Boooooo! :twisted: