Rotation in Fledermaus

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

workster

Rotation in Fledermaus

Post by workster »

I am trying to use a SpaceNavigator with Fledermaus on my Mac running Mavericks however I do not have full functionality - I can't rotate the screen / data within Fledermaus. Everything works fine with Google Earth, so I am presuming that there are some missing configs somewhere to get the mouse to work with Fledermaus!

Does anyone know if this can be done by changing some settings or does an application plug-in need to be developed by 3Dconnexion first?

Thanks for any help.
Barbara

Re: Rotation in Fledermaus

Post by Barbara »

Hello workster -

Navigation is integrated into the Fledermaus application code rather than provided by a 3Dconnexion plugin. With the current Space Navigator driver [3DxWareMac V10.1.2] you can add a profile for an application like Fledermaus that does not have one pre-defined using 3Dconnexion Properties - Configure - Add Application.

Fledermaus Professional 6.5.0 and 6.5.1 are the versions that have been certified with 3Dconnexion devices. For V7 check with Fledermaus support to see which functions are enabled. When 3D mouse is navigation part of the application only the application's developers can make changes. It is their technical support that would work with questions about using a SpaceNavigator inside their software.

GoogleEarth is also an example of navigation integrated inside application code. Navigation with 3Dconnexion devices has been enabled in standard views in GoogleEarth but not in Street View.
-------------
Barbara
workster

Post by workster »

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your response to my query.

As I understand it then I require QPS (Fledermaus) to provide a solution to this problem as the 3D navigation configurations are encoded within their software - is this correct?

You mention that a 'profile' can be added, could you please elaborate on this? Could I create a profile to solve my issue or seeing that I am using V7.4.0d of the software would this still not work? I have looked into creating a profile but nothing seems to happen once I have selected the Fledermaus application.

Thanks for your help.
Tim
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello Tim -

Creating a profile will not add functions that do not already exist in the application. It does allow you to configure functions that are present like changing an axis direction or mapping buttons.

QPS Technical Support can provide more information - such as which functions they have made available for the Space Navigator in Version 7 and whether anything needs to be done inside the application to enable those functions. If they report that screen rotation with a Space Navigator is available, ask the specific requirements for it such as the application mode or view and the driver version they are using.

Since your Space Navigator is working correctly outside of Fledermaus , it is QPS Technical Support that would be able to tell you exactly what is needed to access functions inside their software. If you would let us know your results it may be helpful to someone else with the same questions. We are happy to provide information about what is needed inside an application when we can - but the application's support has the most information about their software.
------------
Barbara
workster

Post by workster »

Hello Barbara,

Thank you once again for your comments. I am in talks with QPS as well regarding this matter and they have reported back that they believe there is a bug in there system.

If and when I receive a resolution I'll add a comment with the information as it may be useful for other Space Navigator users.

Thanks and regards,
Tim