Working correctly?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

glitchdesign

Working correctly?

Post by glitchdesign »

Hi,
I just got my spacenavigator. I'll be using it only in Sketchup 8 pro (8.0.16845) on a early unibody MBP running 10.6.8
I installed via the latest download from the website. The plugin and package are there in my folder
My first impressions are a little underwhelming tbh. A lot of spinning out of control.
I've been really wanting to explore the presets and get a feel for the device, but i can't seem to get to the menu depicted in the start up note. I want to check out object mode, helicopter mode, and experiment with different origins of rotation etc., but all i get when i click the button that i configured for pop up menu is a tiny little menu in the bottom left of the screen that gives me only four options...
Is this normal? Have i done something wrong? Do i need to reinstall with different drivers?
Any advice would be much appreciated...
UtaSH

Re: Working correctly?

Post by UtaSH »

Hi glitchdesign,

what you see is a radial menu that offers you convenient mouse-click access to four application commands. You can change them or just map only one commands as you are used to from the previous driver version. :-)