Need clear answers for SMP, Navigator & Mtn Lion

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

1bmreed

Need clear answers for SMP, Navigator & Mtn Lion

Post by 1bmreed »

I have a navigator that took a week to get working right with my Mac/Mountain Lion and SketchUp 2013. I just bought the SpaceMouse Pro, downloaded the official driver and now neither will work for any applications. The "manual" provided in the driver download is really not a manual but more of a features list and doesn't explain how to get these working properly. Everything appears to be very simple but nothing works except for the "training" app. Why aren't there clearer, more specific installation and operating instructions provided? Trying to find answers, even in the forums, is very difficult. I want to simply use both the Navigator and SpaceMouse Pro as intended on my Mac with Mountain Lion and for all the supported applications as well as a 2d mouse. I've tried everything I could find in the forums and on-line but nothing works.

Both work perfectly for the "training" app.
The axis and mapping configurations do not work or work incorrectly.
The button assignments do not work.
Navigator did work with SketchUp 13 but since I installed SpaceMouse Pro, neither will work.
I've uninstalled all 3dConnexion files and installed the "official" driver for OSX
2D Mouse, how? Emulate mouse does nothing.

Help!
ngomes

Re: Need clear answers for SMP, Navigator & Mtn Lion

Post by ngomes »

Hi 1bmreed,

What version of 3DxWare 10 do you have installed? You can get to this information on the "Tools" tab of the "3Dconnexion" preference pane.
1bmreed

Re: Need clear answers for SMP, Navigator & Mtn Lion

Post by 1bmreed »

Thanks for your response. I have 10.0.13.

I don't understand the mapping process I guess. The default mapping doesn't control the mouse as it says.

3dMouse out does not mouse out, it goes down very slowly and with a lot of pressure
3dMouse in does not mouse in, it goes up very slowly and a lot of pressure
3dMouse down goes out etc...

The only axis and mapping that work are the right and left and tilt forward/backward but very slow and no sensitivity and everything works perfectly in the trainor.

The only way to get the mouse to move at all is by changing the mapping to a totally different axis direction:

Axis-3dmouse up- Mapping 3dmouse out
Axis-3dmouse in- Mappiung 3dmouse down etc... but still no sensitivity or speed even after turning them up

The default buttons don't work either nor does it when assigning them commands.

I do have the 3dxsketchup.bundle.plugin and 3dxsketchup.rb files in the plugins folder. I'm just not sure what the next step is to try and solve the problem.

I know this has been asked before in the forums but there didn't seem to be any clear answers, but how do you get the 3dmouse to act as a 2dmouse so I don't have to have the navigator, spacemouse pro and the mac mouse all on my desk?

Thanks for your help.
B
T.