In Maya the tilt, rotate, or roll actions dont work.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

abeeha

In Maya the tilt, rotate, or roll actions dont work.

Post by abeeha »

I just received my spacemouse and installed the drivers for it on my 2011 macbook pro. running OS Mountain Lion v. 10.8.3. The mouse works fine in the cube and picture demos that come on the disk. however in maya the the tilt, rotate, or roll actions dont work. I AM able to zoom in and out, pan left right, up and down. I have gone into the 3d mouse home application and configured the properties for Maya so they should work correctly, but I am unsuccessful. In Maya i have also tried looking at the 3dconnexion, customize buttons. All of the buttons seem to be set correctly. Ive looked into the Plug-in Manager and 3DxMaya.bundle is checked for loaded and auto-load. So I'm really not sure why those functions arent working for me in Maya. I also tried mud box and all of the controls do work. So I can see that the issue is with Maya, Im just not sure what the issue is. I would appreciate all input.
ABEEHA
Barbara

Re: Dead-zone setting in OSX driver

Post by Barbara »

Hello abeeha -

Verify that "Lock Horizon" is un-checked - that would keep the Roll axis from working. Press the Menu button on the SpaceMouse PRO to open the pop-up menu in Maya that includes "Lock Horizon". [left button on a Space Navigator and Panel button on a Space Explorer]

From the 3DMouse Home - Properties window, open the Maya profile to the Axes tab use 'Restore defaults' to make sure all of the axis directions are enabled.
-------------
Barbara