SpaceMouse for Maya

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

vxj120630

SpaceMouse for Maya

Post by vxj120630 »

I just received my spacemouse and installed the drivers for it on my 2011 macbook pro. running OS Mountain Lion v. 10.8.3. The mouse works fine in the cube and picture demos that come on the disk. however in maya the the tilt, rotate, or roll actions dont work. I AM able to zoom in and out, pan left right, up and down. I have gone into the 3d mouse home application and configured the properties for Maya so they should work correctly, but I am unsuccessful. In Maya i have also tried looking at the 3dconnexion, customize buttons. All of the buttons seem to be set correctly. Ive looked into the Plug-in Manager and 3DxMaya.bundle is checked for loaded and auto-load. So I'm really not sure why those functions arent working for me in Maya. I also tried mud box and all of the controls do work. So I can see that the issue is with Maya, Im just not sure what the issue is. I would appreciate all input.
Barbara

Re: SpaceMouse for Maya

Post by Barbara »

Hi vxj120630 -

The default Maya profile has all of the axis directions enabled. There is a 'Use defaults' button at the bottom of the profile window [3Dconnexion Preferences : Configure : Maya] so you can return to the original settings.

If you are using the current driver, you can find the version number on the Tools tab - Version 10.0.11
If not, you can get it from our driver download page.
----------
Barbara