FormZ

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

bbuxton

FormZ

Post by bbuxton »

Using the Space Navigator in formZ when switching windows - this could be a new view or a dialogue etc I get a beachball (system busy) for 10 seconds.
Whilst this may not sound very bad it is, most operations require clicking in an input field or dialogue window. So in affect almost every operation performed in formZ is followed by a 10 second wait rendering the device useless in this application. The problem occurs even if the device is disconnected, so I can only conclude that this is a plugin issue. This is affecting formZ 6.7.3 and formZ 7 on a Mac Pro 3.1 running os X 10.6.8 earlier versions of formZ have been fine. Though in most cases formZ tech support is very good, I have tried to get this resolved with Autodessys tech support for about a year without success.

Perhaps I will find some answers here??

BB
andymcl

Re: FormZ

Post by andymcl »

Having exactly the same problem... I havn't been able to sort it yet but this is what I have done...
I have deleted, reinstalled fZ from my 6.7.1 DVD and patched to 6.7.3, uninstalled the 3Dconnexion system extension and tried each of the drivers.
Launching fZ it starts fine until I select the plugin from extension manager and restart fZ the I get the beachball for ages!
Renaming the 'autodessys' prefs folder resets the plugin selection so I can launch fZ again with no problems.
I did have some success when I reloaded the 3Dconnexion system extension and selected form Z in the 'add application ' selection it worked but as soon as I tried to modify the controls specifically for fZ the beachball appeared again and so far I havn't been able to reset it again.

Don't understand why 3Dc don't show FormZ support higher than 6.5, have they given up on it?

I've wasted so much time on this over the past few days it's driving me nuts but if I make any progress I'll be sure to post it...
bbuxton

Re: FormZ

Post by bbuxton »

Please mention this on the formZ forum. Autodessys think that I am the only user experiencing this issue and it is proving difficult to really escalate their attention.
http://www.formz.com/forum/discus41/mes ... 54525.html