Vectorworks 2012 driver issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Utectok

Vectorworks 2012 driver issues

Post by Utectok »

Ok I'm running a Macbook pro late 2008 unibody 2.4ghz intel dual processor and 4gb ram 10.6.8 OS
I am unable to get the functionality out of SN in Vectorworks I watched the promo vid bought the navigator and now find it extremely buggy crashing VW and apart from revolving the model practically useless. Cannot meaningfully pan in 2D mode (wireframe disappears). The navigation in the demo mode is really useful but none of it works in VW. Am I doing something wrong Please help!!
Will
Barbara

Re: Vectorworks 2012 driver issues

Post by Barbara »

Hello Will -

In Vectorworks the use of 3Dconnexion devices is controlled by the Vectorworks application code rather than by the 3Dconnexion driver. Available options and modes [like wireframe or 2d] depend on how 3d device support was implemented by the Vectorworks developers.

You would need to contact Vectorworks support for questions about using the Space Navigator inside their software.

Our supported software list shows the last certified Macintosh version of Vectorworks as 2010.
------------------
Barbara
Utectok

Post by Utectok »

Thanks
I'll look into it
Wx
ijspaleisje

Post by ijspaleisje »

Space Navigator & Vectorworks 2014 & Mac Mavericks. Is this combination supported or is there a way to use the mouse in vector works? Does someone have it working? Or did I buy beautiful blue shiny button for navigation in safari?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ijspaleisje,

have you tried it? We have certified Vectorworks on Mac only until version 2010, but that doesn't mean that version 2014 doesn't work. It might be that you have to create a new configuration for it.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hi ijspaleisje-

In this forum thread Vectorworks support shows a suggested configuration.

They were working with Mountain Lion though Vectorworks navigation should be the same with Mavericks.
------------
Barbara