Rotate in Photoshop CS6

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

RvDam

Rotate in Photoshop CS6

Post by RvDam »

So after a day searching the whole internet, I have finely found a solution to activate rotation in Photoshop CS6 on my OSX 10.8.x.

First of all you need to install the last beta driver. This drivers gives you the possibility to change the behavior of the rotation. Select Photoshop in the Configure drop down list and open the axes tab. Change:
3D Mouse Spin Clockwise:
  • Mapping: Type Keystroke
    Keystroke: Option-F13 (select F13 from the dropdown list above the Keystroke option en click the Option checkbox under the Modifier)
    Mode: 5 times/sec (this is up to you but do not use press and hold)
3D Mouse Spin Counter-Clockwise:
  • Mapping: Type Keystroke
    Keystroke: Option-F14 (select F14 from the dropdown list above the Keystroke option en click the Option checkbox under the Modifier)
    Mode: 5 times/sec (this is up to you but do not use press and hold)
When using these setting you notice that clockwise works but counter-clockwise wont. When you want to counter-clockwise rotate, the display settings preferences will open. In OSX the F14 and F15 keys are mapped to display brightness and option F14 will open the display preferences. You can't change these settings in the keyboard preferences. You need to adjust the symbolichotkeys file where OSX stores the keyboard mappings.

First download the PListEdit Pro and start the program. Select File -> Open and select the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist. The folder ~/Library is hidden so if you not know how to open thy file Google is your best friend. First make a backup of the file before you're going to edit it of course.

Open the Root tree and the AppleSymbolicHotKeys tree. Scroll down to 55 and open the tree. Change enabled to NO. Do the same for 56. Save the file and close the program. The last thing to do is reboot you Mac and your all set.
Dan May

Re: Rotate in Photoshop CS6

Post by Dan May »

Hi RvDam,

thnaks for the info. i did all the instructions but i have no numbers 55 and 56?

see attachment.

when i use rotate in cs6 it does some random zooms and then crashes? any thoughts...

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 08.43.48.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 08.43.48.png (114.01 KiB) Viewed 9138 times