System Preferences: mapping the spatial axes

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

lmop

System Preferences: mapping the spatial axes

Post by lmop »

Unless I'm missing something, the 3Dconnexion Mac OS X System Preferences utility does not allow me to map the SpaceNavigator spatial axes on to a macro or anything. This seems like a rather large oversight since that's the primary input method for the device. Without the ability to do such a mapping if an application does not recognise the device then it's basically a paperweight.

What I'd like to be able to do is, at least, pretend that the motion axes are equivalent to mouse movements with keys/mouse buttons pressed which is how complex orientations are usually controlled via a mouse. How easy would it be to add such functionality? Thanks.
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello lmop:

Sorry that we cannot satisfy your request. We do not currently provide this functionality, and the company does not currently have a plan to do so in the future.

Perhaps if you tell us the applications you are interested in using, we can help those along.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

I think there is a program called CONTROLLERMATE that can do that (emulate like a mouse or keyboard).