Cinema 4d/Bodypaint in OS X

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

chromerhino

Cinema 4d/Bodypaint in OS X

Post by chromerhino »

Thanks for all your work in making the SpaceNavigator available to the Mac world. My 'Navigator just arived today.

I'm not getting any response from Cinema 4D (9.603). I know that C4D is supported, at least on the Windows side, am I missing a Maxon driver or something?

I've had success with the buttons registering the macros I set up, and SketchUp works ok.

Online resouces have stated that the plugin is built into C4D versions 8 and up, but the Cinema 4D manual says it's only in the Windows version?
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi there:

We've been in touch with Maxon to try and get support built in to C4D for the Mac. No action yet, but we're still trying. If you also have contact there or just visit their website, putting in a request is always good.

Thanks,

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
chromerhino

Post by chromerhino »

Thanks Ziva, once again, all your work is greatly appriciated. I'd alreacy sent Maxon an email, and will post that info when it comes.
chromerhino

Post by chromerhino »

Maxon Tech Support responded:

Even on R10 we have no support for the 3Dconnexion's SpaceNavigator at this time. Maybe someone made a plugin for it, but I don't know one. Please check c4dplugs.com.
PresNevins

Post by PresNevins »

I've sent my request to Maxon support as well. Let's hope now that the R10.1 update is complete that they might allocate some support for SpaceNavigator support. Especially since they (?) already made the needed plugin on the Windows side of the fence.

Though the way chromerhino's reply from Maxon talks about "someone" making a plugin seems to imply that it's possible without Maxon's direct intervention? If that's the case and we're just waiting for "someone" to go to the trouble of making the plugin, it would seem to me that 3dconnexion would be the obvious choice... Not sure how that works though.

Pres
PresNevins

Post by PresNevins »

Okay, Thanks to Rui Gato's post about ControllerMate, I've whipped up a preliminary setup that maps the SpaceNavigator to Cinema 4D. It's still more than a bit clumsy, but it is mostly functional, so if you have ControllerMate, feel free to download the setup file from my web site and play around with it!

http://nevins.jp/main/-C4DControllerMate.html

Hope that helps a bit!

Pres