SHIFT, ALT, CTRL and ESC buttons; Maya 2013 OS X

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

johnfnewman

SHIFT, ALT, CTRL and ESC buttons; Maya 2013 OS X

Post by johnfnewman »

Hi,

I've not been able to use the SHIFT, ALT, CTRL and ESC buttons on my SpaceExplorer when using Maya 2013 OS X.

I can successfully map these keys to Maya specific keys, but not to their named functions.

Re-installing the driver and configuring within OS X's System Preference's pane does nothing.

Any advice is appreciated.
UtaSH

Re: SHIFT, ALT, CTRL and ESC buttons; Maya 2013 OS X

Post by UtaSH »

Hi johnfnewman,

we do have a problem with the buttons in our Mac driver. (Our internal bug number is #6067.)

Please try the following as a workaround until we can offer a fix for this in the driver:
  • * Button 1, 2, T, L, R, F, ESC, Alt should be set to Unassigned in the System Prefs, but mapped in Maya.
    * Button Shift, Ctrl, Fit, +, -, should be mapped in the System Prefs only and set to Unassign in Maya.
Please let us know if this works for you.
klikstudyo

Post by klikstudyo »

Hi,

I have the same problem with SpaceNavigator and Maya 2012 osx (snowleopard)
if i assign Shift Key in Maya, i receive the following error when using assigned key :// Error: Cannot find procedure "SiSyncFunction60".
the plug-in (version 1.0) is well loaded as i see in plug-in manager

i tried to mapped in the system pref only and set to unassign in maya but nothing change.

is there any other solution.

thanks.
JabbaTheNut

Post by JabbaTheNut »

I have a SpaceMouse Pro on Mac OS X Mountain Lion. The SHIFT, ALT, CTRL and ESC buttons do not work. I get the error messages described above. I did as UtaSH suggested. However, this does not work.

What do I do now? I need these buttons to be working (I did pay a lot for this device, you know 8) )
Fred

Post by Fred »

Please install the Beta driver for the MAC The 1.7.2 driver hasnt been updated.
you can locate the driver by going to our website click on Supported Software go to the far right and click on 3DxLabs.

1. Uninstall the driver. In Applications/Utilities you'll see
'Uninstall 3Dconnexion Driver.app'. Run that
2. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/ and delete all of the files beginning with 'com.3dconnexion.' [com.3dconnexion.*]
3. Restart your machine
4. Install the Beta driver