No pop-up menu in sketchup

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ronday

No pop-up menu in sketchup

Post by ronday »

I am using a space mouse pro with sketchup 8 and use the driver version 1.7.0.
Somehow i can't get the pop-up menu to work.
When i start sketchup it displays the pop-up about the pop-up menu but when i press the menu button on my space mouse it displays the preference pane.
I checked if i could configure it manually but in the list of available commands there is no option for the pop-up menu.
Now i can only work in object mode in sketchup, at this moment i am using the mouse in windows to work in camera mode.
To count out an user error, i installed the mouse on 3 different macs but still no option for the pop-up menu.

Does anyone know the answer ?
Fred

Post by Fred »

While sketchup is open.
click on the Menu button on the Spacemouse Pro.
This should open up the popup menu.
If it opens the 3DConnexion Properties
Click on Button Configuration
Select Menu dropdown
Choose Popup Menu.
Save
Now when you click on the menu button you should see the Popup menu.
oseyding

Post by oseyding »

Hi ronday,
I will contact you via eMail.
spmcgill81

Post by spmcgill81 »

I'm having the same problem with the space navigator. The "Help" pop up says to use the ALT+ center mouse button. However I use a macbook pro and a center mouse button doesn't exist. How do I access this popup menu?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello spmcgill81 -

The pop-up menu should be mapped to the left SpaceNavigator button and available in the button mapping drop-down. I've sent you a PM also.

------------------
Barbara
zAppledot

Post by zAppledot »

Hi, I am also having the same problem with mine. I have installed the software on 2 differant macs and i still cannot get to the popup menu.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello zAppledot -

Please contact our technical support and mention your forum post. They will be able to provide a solution for the pop-up menu.

---------
Barbara
metaxis

same problem-same fix: no popup option in sketchup 8 + 1.7.0

Post by metaxis »

I too had no popup menu when I installed sketchup 8.0.11751 and the latest space nav drivers. More than that, the default button set with the 1.7.0 drivers is:

L: fit
R: 3D Connexion pref pane

That's strange as I'd think the ability to set movement style is pretty crucial.

Also with the 1.7.0 drivers there is no "Popup Menu" option in the Buttons dropdown on the pref pane.

Clicking "Use Defaults" returned the buttons to the above.

I was able to fix this by installing the 1.6.3 3d connexion drivers into sketchup 6 and copying the older plugin files

3DxSketchUp.bundle.plugin
3DxSketchUp.rb

from
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 6/SketchUp/plugins/
to
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/plugins/

The "Popup Menu: item is now available and the "Use Defaults" sets the buttons to:

L: Popup Menu
R: Fit

...which is of course what most want, at least on the little space navigator.
zAppledot

Post by zAppledot »

I contacted technical support like was suggested and Barbara give me a new file that fixed it. They said they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in the next update. But reverting back to the previous version is one work around in the mean time for anyone else with this issue.

Thanks!
4lbertto

El menú emergente no aparece

Post by 4lbertto »

Hoy al actualizar los últimos controladores ya no me apare el menú emergente en SkechtUp 8

Podrían ayudarme a solucionar este problema, es para mí de gran utilidad esta función.

Saludos!!
Barbara

El menú emergente no aparece

Post by Barbara »

Hello 4lbertto -

One way to correct this is to uninstall Release 1.7.0 and install Release 1.6.3 to replace the pop-up menu in SketchUp. Release 1.6.3 is available from our download page if you check 'Also show archived software'

You can also contact technical support for help , however, the support in the North\ South America is in English. Once you choose the name of your country , a button says 'Go to form'. This opens a form that sends an email message to our support team.

------------------------
Barbara
anastas

Re: No pop-up menu in sketchup

Post by anastas »

I know this post is relatively old, but I was having this problem on my macbook pro as well and was able to fix it with the following steps in case anyone else encounters this problem...

1. Install latest drivers (3DXWare v 10.1.1)
2. Went to System Preferences 3DConnexion panel and clicked on "Restore Defaults"

Even though the latest drivers were installed it was mixing up the last drivers settings, so the restore default settings fixed everything.