LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Japi

LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Post by Japi » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:44 am

Hey,

Has anybody else encountered a problem with the SpaceMouse Enterprise on Mac, that the LCD screen on the SpaceMouse isnt working? The screen just shows "SpaceMouse Entreprise" text all the time (so I cant see the button configurations for the Buttons 1-12 that I usually see there). I'm running Mojave (10.14.6). And I have installed the latest drivers (10.6.5). And I also tried to uninstall and install the drivers again, but that didnt help also. Or when I uninstall the drivers, should I remove also some other files manually? (If the unistaller doesnt remove all the settings from the computer)

I tried the SpaceMouse on a Windows machine briefly, and there the LCD screen works (or the LCD screen doesnt get stuck with the "SpaceMouse Entreprise" -text).

UtaSH

Re: LCD screen on SpaceMouse Enterprise not working?

Post by UtaSH » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 am

Hi Japi,

we apologize the trouble you encounter. We are aware of this issue and are tracking it with our internal bug number MAC-188. This issue will be fixed in our next driver release for the mac. Unfortunately I cannot give a release date but you will find the latest driver here.

Japi

Post by Japi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks for the info! Good that the problem is already a known issue. Hopefully the new driver will be released quickly

vlxjim

Post by vlxjim » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Thats Great! I have been pulling my hair out and even bought a new SM Enterprise only to find out it a bug. Nice!! Please fix this ASAP. My company uses these with our CAD software. And right now we are creating and changing over current designs to manufacture equipment that kills COVID-19.

Thanks,
Jim

vlxjim

Post by vlxjim » Mon May 18, 2020 3:56 pm

This is a major Bug on your top space mouse. I know that you guys over at 3Dconnexion would love to bundle this fix with a bunch of add-ons and other things. But this is not acceptable. You have known about this for months now. We need a fix now...