3DConnexion Drivers for MAC OS Catalina?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ginpamorca

Re: 3DConnexion Drivers for MAC OS Catalina?

Post by ginpamorca »

Hi All

I have tried absolutely everything suggested on this thread and I still can not get my Space Navigator to be recognised by the 3dconnexion system preference app. My previously working device is now no longer recognised by the software. It is perfectly visible by the Mac through system report connected to the USB. I have installed reinstalled down graded upgraded everything suggested and this new version of the driver is still not working on my Late 2014 iMac 27" which I have never had trouble with before this upgrade to 10.15.1. Any further help would be so much appreciated.

I have followed all steps listed above. Installing everything I just don't know what else to do.

Please help

Regards

Paul
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Hello Uta,
thank you for the instruction. Unfortunately, my SpaceMouse is not detected (but its working with W10). The LED does not light up, wenn I finally (after the last reboot) plug in the SpaceMouse and in its control pane the mouse remains greyed out. The system control for security / input monitoring shows 3DconnexionHome as marked. There, I added the Trainer and 3DxNLServer. Finally I've tried to deactivate the trackpad, but no change. Is there anything else to activate?
Thank you very much.
pupinko

Post by pupinko »

Hi all,

new driver. GREAT, but not for me.

For some reason the space navigator worked this morning by sudden with Catalina and Sketchup, without expecting this. Anyway I decided to install the newest drivers today. RESULT it is not working anymore, except the usual default mouse behavior, when drivers are outdated.

I followed the deinstall and reinstall suggestion, but nothing changed .... ? :(
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Dear Uta,

thank you for the instruction, which I have followed. Unfortunately, my Spacemouse does not work in Catalina. I deinstalled the antivirus software and tried the installation again. No success. Is there anything else to do, e.g. safety controls in iMacs system control pane?

Thanks for any help.
dingr3dcnx

Post by dingr3dcnx »

Updated to version 10.6.4 on my iMac running Catalina after deleting the old 10.6.3 as recommended in the installation notes. SpaceNavigator still does not work.

The Pref Pane shows "No Device Found". Operating the SpaceNavigator does cause the cursor to move. But since the driver does not recognize the device, it does not work as intended.

It has been months waiting for this to work so that I can use it with Fusion 360. But I have adapted to just using keyboard commands in the meantime. So I am unlikely to ever buy any more of these 3DConnexion products because of the lack of support. The SpaceNavigator does make a handsome-looking paperweight, though, with its brushed nickel and black finish. Nice and weighty. :roll:
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

I apologize that you encounter problems with your 3Dconnexion device on macOS 10.15. I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They will do an individual troubleshooting with you to find out what is going wrong on your machine.
dingr3dcnx

Post by dingr3dcnx »

Summary: SpaceNavigator now works under macOS Catalina.

I contacted the Technical Support Team via the link and they got back to me within the hour.

The steps suggested by the Team were:

1. Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
2. Reboot
3. Install the driver. Make sure to Accept all the prompts.
4. Reboot
5. Click the Apple Icon
6. System Preferences
7. Security and Privacy
8. Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:" You can also refer to the link here for images: https://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/ ... ojave.html

After a final reboot following Step 8, the SpaceNavigator was recognized and works like it did pre-Catalina.
marcel_911

Post by marcel_911 »

dingr3dcnx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:53 am
8. Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:"

After a final reboot following Step 8, the SpaceNavigator was recognized and works like it did pre-Catalina.
This was the bit that made it work for me.

I was disappointed that the teapot demo was jerky but I gave Fusion 360 a go and it's as smooth as butter.

I am happy now :)
JetForMe

Post by JetForMe »

My SpaceMouse Pro was working (finally) on Catalina. Then I got a new MacBook Pro and it stopped, even though I migrated from the old one.

So I downloaded the installer and ran it, then Allowed "3Dconnexion S.A.M.," then restarted again (why does this need a restart at all?), and it still doesn't work. In the Prefs pane, under Tools, it says "No Device Found," but it's definitely connected (shows up in USB Prober).

None of the 3DConnexion kexts are loaded. I expressly loaded /Library/Extensions/3Dconnexion.kext, but it made no difference. There are two embedded kexts but loading those does not result in them showing up in kextfind -loaded.

This is pretty frustrating.
JetForMe

Post by JetForMe »

Oh, I take it back. After that last set of kextload calls that didn't seem to do anything, and unplugging and re-plugging AGAIN, it now shows up in the Prefs Pane. I had to quit & relaunch Fusion 360 for it to work there, but now it's working. Dunno if it'll survive a restart. But this was more difficult than it should have been.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Yeah Same here.. I have it showing in sys prefs.. and it powers on but stays at the space mouse enterprise screen.
it controls stuff but I can't access the screen or buttons. The puck seems to move stuff inside C4d but minimal functionality
Please advice.. NOTE 10.15.5 (19F101)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi cjadams,

I apologize for the problems you encounter. We are currently tracking an issue with the LCD of our SpaceMouse Enterprise (and SpacePilot Pro) with our internal bug number MAC-188. The issue was introduced in 3DxWareMac 10.6.5 which means you can install 3DxWareMac 10.6.4 (from the driver archive).

Note that the issue will be solved in our next driver release for macOS.
OhDB

Post by OhDB »

Hi,

I'm seeing this issue still after following the uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot protocol with Catalina 10.15.6 & my space navigator wired on 3Dx 10.6.6.

anything else to try?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi OhDB,

with the latest version of 3DxWareMac - 10.6.6 - we expect this issue to be gone. Did you try different USB ports? Did you reboot your machine after installing this driver version?
hiran123

Post by hiran123 »

Had this equivalent issue. Re-introduced current 3DxWare 10 for macOS and restarted. One thing to note, and this has been a common issue with Apple for quite a while, you should unplug your USB Space Mouse and plug it in again for it to work. Incensing, yet it works.