Cadmouse Wireless - loses Bluetooth connectivity

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

hoolito

Cadmouse Wireless - loses Bluetooth connectivity

Post by hoolito »

Hi.

I use the cadmouse mostly via BT. Sometimes my mouse loses connectivity and when I go to Bluetooth Preferences I see the status (grey text), which should say "Connected", rapidly flashing between "Connected" and "Not Connected", at a random pace.
The pointer is unresponsive then, except via trackpad.

The problem happens sometimes after sleep/wake, sometimes while working.

Sometimes restarting the MBP solves the issue, but not always.
Sometimes turning BT off and on solves the issue, but not always.
Sometimes kextunload/load the BT controller via Terminal solves the issue, but not always.
and... sometimes turning BT off and waiting for quite some time before turning on again solves the issue.

The only failsafe workaround is switching to the dongle, but I lose my wired spaceball then. (No: not yet time to buy the wireless :-)
No more free USB ports on my MBP

Any help, greatly appreciated!!

MacOS 10.13.6
3Dconnexion driver in MacOS 10.5.3
3Dconnexion driver in Windows 10.5.15 (via Parallels)
Cadmouse Wireless Firmware 1.01
UtaSH

Re: Cadmouse Wireless - loses Bluetooth connectivity

Post by UtaSH »

Hi hoolito,

can you please check if your machine meets the requirements according to this FAQ? (See at the bottom for macOS.)
Please let me know which HCI version you have.
hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Hello,

It says 4.0 (0x6)

In the meantime, the mouse does not work with BT anymore. I can connect it, it says connected but pointer doesn't move.
Tried Resetting the BT module, Removing all devices, Restoring to factory settings, Restarting and Shutting down the MBP :-(

It works with cable attached. Did not try it with RF dongle.

Best regards
hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Hi,

It says 4.0 (0x6)

In the meantime, it doesn't connect with BT anymore. I can connect it and it stays connected, but the pointer doesn't move.
I tried Resetting the BT module, Removing all devices, Restoring to factory settings, Restarting and Shutting down the MBP... nada. :-(

It does work attached to a cable. Did not try the RF dongle.

I have a second CadMouse that still does work with BT (also suffers the problem mentioned in original post)

Best regards
hoolito

Post by hoolito »

Correction,

After removing all devices, I had to pair my second CadMouse and it doesn't work either.
What I did notice now is that when pressing "Pairing" under the mouse, the blue led blinks rapidly (normal) but then after clicking on the "Connect" button on the mac the led stays on for 5 seconds and then just goes off (not normal?)