Rotation abruptly stops and reverses direction.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

fractalearth

Rotation abruptly stops and reverses direction.

Post by fractalearth »

Hey Y'all. Had the SpaceMouse Pro for a few weeks and everything worked great out of the box on a 2018 Macbook Pro with the latest Mojave OS, but recently I have been experiencing an issue in Google Earth Pro. It won't matter which direction I move the dial, I could be rotating or zooming, but the motion will abruptly stop and reverse direction without having touched another key. Any help would be appreciated. It's my first 3D mouse so probably overlooking an easy fix.

Thanks!
UtaSH

Re: Rotation abruptly stops and reverses direction.

Post by UtaSH »

Hello fractalearth,

it might be for some strange reasons that the user specific settings for the 3D mouse got messed up. Please try the following:

How to remove the 3Dconnexion and the preferences:
  1. In Applications|Utilities run 'Uninstall 3Dconnexion Driver.app'
  2. Go to ~|Library|Preferences and delete everything named 'com.3dconnexion.*'
    Make sure to look in your home directory [ ~] rather than in the system's Library| Preferences folder.
    The file 'com.3dconnexion.plist' is the important one that needs to be removed to clear 3Dconnexion settings.
  3. Restart the Mac and reinstall the driver.
fractalearth

Post by fractalearth »

Hey UtaSh,

I appreciate the step through, but it didn't work out. I tried a few times. All the settings are on default. Doesn't matter if it is plugged in or wireless. Sometimes the mouse will go 15 minutes without an issue then out of nowhere it just reverses direction and I simply have to wait until it stops backtracking to resume freely. Has this issue happened with anyone else?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi fractalearth,

once the navigation is messed up please open the demo cube from the 3Dconnexion properties -> Tools and verify if you see the same problem there. Then your device might be faulty. If it is still under warranty please contact our Technical Support Team.