Something's wrong with website machinery, can't register

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

DaveGadgeteer

Something's wrong with website machinery, can't register

Post by DaveGadgeteer »

I've been trying to get help on 3dconnexion.com for several days. I can't make any progress without registering.
But registering requires getting an activation email and clicking the link. That email never arrives, not even to Spam.
I've tried several email accounts, no difference.
This Forum allowed me to join with a username that's not an email address, and it also requires an activation email, but in this circumstance the activation email (to my usual email address) works fine, so here I am.
So I went back to the problematic site, https://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?id=445
and tried to log in. It won't accept a non-email address for userID. So I tried to recover my password, and I get the message that my email address is not in the system, yet here I am!!
Surely something needs to get repaired... it's been very frustrating/time wasting.

Edit (moderator): removed screenshot with email from public view.
UtaSH

Re: Something's wrong with website machinery, can't register

Post by UtaSH »

Hello DaveGadgeteer,

I am sorry that you have trouble to login on our website. Note that the forum login is not related to the login on our website (My3Dx). You need to register on our website to be able to fill our web form. I would be happy to learn if this works for you.

Alternatively you can as well call the Technical Support Team. The phone numbers can be found as well from the Technical Support site.
DaveGadgeteer

Post by DaveGadgeteer »

I finally found an email address that did receive the activation, and opened a new account, then stumbled on a password reset for my old account with username instead of email, which also worked!
I've probably tried 25+ ways to get in, and finally I did.
But Mojave still does not work.

I've no idea what you mean by "our website (My3Dx)". I don't see anything similar to that anywhere. There's "phpBB" in the header, but everything else is 3Dconnection.com

Puzzling.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello DaveGadgeteer,

I am glad to hear that it finally worked for you.

For the issue with Mojave see here.
DaveGadgeteer wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:57 pm I've no idea what you mean by "our website (My3Dx)". I don't see anything similar to that anywhere. There's "phpBB" in the header, but everything else is 3Dconnection.com
I apologize for not being clear. The "My3Dx" is on our general website and it says in the upper right corner "Login or Create Account".
paul.cuppens

Post by paul.cuppens »

I also want to register, but don't receive any activation e-mail. Although i have a valid e-mail adress.
Please a respond. I would like to join the competetion to win a enterprise kit.
Is it a problem if you use the same e-mail adress that i use for the forum?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello paul.cuppens,

I see that you have contacted our Technical Support Team. Were they able to help?
Please bear with us if the answer takes a little bit longer as most of us are out of the office during the holidays.