SpaceMouse (both Compact and Pro Wireless) only move the 2D mousepointer, nothing else

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

frank.arens

SpaceMouse (both Compact and Pro Wireless) only move the 2D mousepointer, nothing else

Post by frank.arens »

Hello,...

I have recently bought a new Macbook Pro and transferred all data over through a TimeMachine backup. I assumed that my new Macbook would be ready to go, but it turns out that my SpaceMouse (both Compact and Pro Wireless) only move the 2D mouse pointer. Fusion 360 and even the 3DConnexion Viewer simply ignore it's inputs... :-( All that I can do is move the mouse pointer on the screen.

It also does not make a difference, whether I use the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless via the "Dongle" or with a USB-Cable. Same Result.

I went into SystemSettings --> 3Dconnexion and found this:
3dConnexion.jpg
3dConnexion.jpg (80.14 KiB) Viewed 13785 times
...this looks like the behaviour I am looking for,.... but it is unfortunately not what I am observing.

I tried removing everything "3Dconnexion" and reinstalling all drivers. To no avail.

I have been using your products for years (in fact I have been using THIS exact hardware). Never had this happen to me before. I can plug both 3D mice into my PC and they work like intended... The problem is only on my Mac.

Is there another way of resetting the device? Or am I making a stupid mistake?

Help greatly appreciated!!!
UtaSH

Re: SpaceMouse (both Compact and Pro Wireless) only move the 2D mousepointer, nothing else

Post by UtaSH »

See here .