Rotate View Tool in Photoshop CS4?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

BooME

Rotate View Tool in Photoshop CS4?

Post by BooME »

How can I use the Rotate View Tool with my Space Navigator. Is it possible?
I think that this is the most iportant tool in CS4 in combination with the Space Navigator, or other 3dconnexion Products. Instead of decrease/increase brush Size.

I work on a Mac OS 10.6.3, Driver Version 1.6.0
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

It's not possible today to use the SpaceNavigator cap to control Rotate View. This is a good suggestion though so we will look at possibly adding this functionality in a future version of the driver
BooME

Post by BooME »

That would be great. I use the Rotate View option a lot sice CS4. I can`t wait to see it in action with a 3Dconnexion product.
TRIPwood

Post by TRIPwood »

I'm sorry for my creepy english...

I would like to use the same function with my spacenavigator, and I think could be useful if it could be able to zoom and navigate the image. With the buttons we could choose to use the "rotate view tool" or a function to increase or decrease the brush size, why not!
I hope to see this function in action soon, I guess our suggestions could be so important for the developer!

Thank you very much!

P.s.: I use a lot Adobe Lightroom, I think could be interesting also in this case to use the navigation and rotation (with crop) tool with the spacenavigator.
digitalx3d

Post by digitalx3d »

I thought I would revive this thread, as I think being about to rotate the view using the navigator would be a really, really nice feature. It'd be a very close feeling to just turning a sheet of paper under your pen.... a very very natural way to do it (as opposed to clicking on the tool, rotating, and clicking back on your brush).

Perhaps there would be a switch where in one mode the navigator would rotate the view with any twisting motion... kind of an "always on" mode. For freehand painting, this would be very natural. And the 2nd mode would be one where maybe you press another button to enable the Rotate View Tool, then rotate your view how you want it, and then press the button again to return to your previous tool. (or perhaps you don't need the second button press and it just returns to the previous tool when the navigator doesn't sense any pressure).

Any word on if 3D Connexion is working on this already??
John Pruden
www.digitalxmodels.com
3D Model Marketplace
heyitschris

Re: Rotate View Tool in Photoshop CS4?

Post by heyitschris »

Bump. Is there a limitation in Photoshop which prevents this?