Settings not updating for Fusion 360

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

FancyChancie

Settings not updating for Fusion 360

Post by FancyChancie »

Hello all,
I am having an issue where custom settings for speed and direction do not update for Fusion 360. I have made sure I am using the most up-to-date versions of the 3DxWare, SpaceMouse, Fusion 360 and Mac OSx applications/firmware. I have tried restarting the programs and the computer several times but this makes no changes, I still have default settings on Fusion 360. I have tried updating them, in the both, the Any Application as well as the Fusion 360 dropdown. Kind of frustrating cause one of the things that turned me on to this 3D mouse was the customizability.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
UtaSH

Re: Settings not updating for Fusion 360

Post by UtaSH »

Hello FancyChancie,

only the changes that you make to the configuration for Fusion 360 would have an effect for Fusion.

It may be - for some strange reasons - that the com.3dconnexion.mappings.plist file is messed up.
So please try remove it (you may want to have it backed up before!) from ~/Library/Preferences/. Please note: Before removal, close the System Preferences and thus the 3Dconnexion prefs. If you now reopen the 3dconnexion prefs, a new/clean com.3dconnexion.mappings.plist is created.

If this doesn't help please try the following:
Change the speed setting for Fusion 360 to the highest possible value AND change the speed settings for Any Application to the lowest possible value. Then verify in Fusion 360 if you see any effect.

Let me know what you find out. Thanks.