New Spacemouse Wireless not working correctly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

maximus85

Re: New Spacemouse Wireless not working correctly

Post by maximus85 »

Yes OS recognise the device.
I have MacOS High Sierra v. 10,13,3
Sketchupt v 10,5,1
It currently only controls the curser direction, pushing down is a mouse click and rotating will scroll a webpage.

I have my space mouse installed on my MacBook Pro (2015 mod.) and sketchup form early 2017 and it works perfectly there, so noting wrong withe my space mouse. I have approval loading third-party kernel extensions.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello maximus85,

if you can move the cursor only this sounds as if the kernel extension from 3Dconnexion had not been approved for your system. Please proceed as follows:
  • Reboot your system.
  • Open the System Preferences.
  • Go to "Security & Privacy".
  • Verify if you see the message that "System software from developer 3Dconnexion S.A.M was blocked".
maximus85

Post by maximus85 »

the system has access to my iMac. No problem there.
My space mouse works just like a regular mouse. In training app to 3dconnexion also.
maximus85

Post by maximus85 »

Hey UtaSH

I see more people have this problem with there SMP. I also tried to contact support but no response from them.
My iMac has verified and reconised my SMP no problem there.
There seems to be problem whit the driver (3Dconnexion version 1.1.2(1.1.2.14302) for my iMac (MacOS High Sierra v. 10.13.3)

In Sketchup the space mouse don't work as it should. The same with 3Dconnexion Puzzle and Trainer won't open at all.
This is not god for my workflow since I now is so dependent to use SMP!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

UtaSH wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 am Please proceed as follows:
  • Reboot your system.
  • Open the System Preferences.
  • Go to "Security & Privacy".
  • Verify if you see the message that "System software from developer 3Dconnexion S.A.M was blocked".
Hello maximus85,

did you follow my instructions? Here you can find a better description of the process. Please make sure the kernel extension is authorized on your machine.

If the above doesn't help you should contact our Technical Support Team. I have checked our database and only found a request from you from 3 years ago. How did you contact the Support Team? Did you call them or did you fill the web form? Were you using the same email address as the one you are using for the forum?
maximus85

Post by maximus85 »

Hey again UtaSH.
I did everything you told me above and no changes there.
My SMP react the same as before. I go to system and hit Allow.

I tried to contact support within a link you sendt to MAYAman Thu Nov 09 2017 4:12pm (our Technical Support Team)
Maybe I didn't do it right? :roll:
Bye the way! I never got a answer from support for 3 years ago. :cry:
maximus85

Post by maximus85 »

Yes i fill the web form from your link, and I was using the same e-mail as fore the forum I think.
maximus85

Post by maximus85 »

I did the same yesterday
maximus85

Post by maximus85 »

UtaSH!

Im so sorry for my complaining! Finally I got it right :lol:
I head done everything you said right, but....

I have SMP wireless, I only used cable (usb) from SMP to my Mac. I didn't pair it wireless first. I did this for the first time now and its seams that everything works fine wireless in 3dconnexion Trainer and so on.

I needed to do the 3Dconnexion Pairing first :oops:

So sorry! but now I'm happy and excited to work again :D
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi maximus85,

I am glad you found the reason for the problem. Usually the SpaceMouse Pro and the receiver that it comes with should be paired so in fact this step shouldn't have been necessary. Good that you tried it. ;)

Additionally I would like to contact you directly to find out why we didn't receive your request via the web form.
simoncbevans

Post by simoncbevans »

I am also having terrible problems getting my SpaceMouse Compact to work properly. I am on a Mac running the latest version of High Sierra. The Mac knows its there because it lights up and moves the cursor. But that is all I can do with it at present.

Problem 1

Although I can open and apparently set the SpaceMouse preferences for use with Sketchup, it doesn't make any difference to how the SM behaves inside SU. It just keeps moving the cursor around. So there is no apparent programming or mapping going on.

Problem 2

Something related to the SM is causing a memory leak that eventually shuts down Sketchup. This is a known problem that has been referred to often on the Sketchup forum. Various people have come up with workarounds but they don't necessarily work for everyone. It's a killer and would mean having to give up on the SpaceMouse if it cannot be resolved.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello simoncbevans,

please follow the instructions from our FAQ #1127.
MartinMajewski

Post by MartinMajewski »

Same problem here with a fresh installed macOS HighSierra 10.13.6.

And with fresh, I mean fresh: SMC and PRAM reset, formatted SSD, installed from Stick.
3Dconnexion driver version is 3DxWareMac_v10-5-3_r2794

It is also the first time macOS complains about the driver not being a compatible 64bit application.
Allowing the kernel extension was performed. Neither my SpaceMouse Pro Wireless, nor my SpaceMouse Wireless, nor the universal receiver or the original receivers that came with the devices are recognised.

Any idea?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi MartinMajewski,

does the OS recognize the devices? Please check in your System Information: click on the Apple in the upper menu -> About this Mac -> More Info ... -> System Report -> Software -> Extensions. Verify if you see an entry "3Dconnexion", which version it is and if it is loaded.

Let us know what you find out.
danshaw19

Post by danshaw19 »

I too have the exact same problem.
Even with the latest driver installed, verified in about this Mac.
The mouse still doesn’t work!
Please advise?
Dan