Newbie Questions - SpaceMouse Enterprise/Maya 2018

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Lightstorm

Newbie Questions - SpaceMouse Enterprise/Maya 2018

Post by Lightstorm »

First off, I've tried creating a support account; I filled out the form, got a nice "Thank You," then I can't log in ("Your email is unrecognized.") Have tried this several times now.

Have searched the intertubes/forums and couldn't find what I needed, so...

I have a SpaceMouse Enterprise (brand new), using Maya 2018 and had a few newbie questions that I hope someone may be able to answer:

1. Why don’t icons show up in the LCD for Maya in macOS (just text)? I believe they show in Windows (had seen a few vids on YouTube and icons showed)?
2. Is there a way to create/attach a custom icon for a shortcut for the 12 buttons?
3. Can I change the name of an LCD button I've created a shortcut for? (I’d rather use “Move Tool” instead of “Keystroke Q” (I know there is already an Application Command—just using as an example).
4. How do I add other Application Commands for Maya (what’s included is rather limited).
5. How would we be notified of new firmware (not drivers) for our devices? (I already know how to get the new 3DxWare when it's updated).

Seems the PrefsPane for macOS isn't as robust as the Windows version?

Thanks,
Marc
UtaSH

Re: Newbie Questions - SpaceMouse Enterprise/Maya 2018

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Lightstorm,

did you register for the support webform with the same email address as the one you are using here in the forum? If not could you please send me a PM with the email address that you used? I would like to investigate why you haven't received a confirmation email.

1. The icons in the LCD of the SME are shown on Windows only. This is stated on the web site for the SME.
2. So - no, there is no way to integrate the icons on the Mac. :(
3. Yes, in the System Prefs -> 3Dconnexion -> Macros you can create new macros with a name.
4. You can create new macros. Anything that can be launched with a keyboard shortcut can be mapped to any of the buttons.
5. We rarely have new firmware. Only if there is a major issue with the device. If you have a problem you can give our Support Team a call. See here.
Lightstorm

Post by Lightstorm »

Uta, thanks so much for the prompt reply and for looking into my issue; apologize for the delay on my part as I was out of town for a few days.
Lightstorm

Post by Lightstorm »

Uta, are there any plans to display icons for the applications in macOS?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Not at the moment as far as I know. :(